Chapter 14

Luisia prepared breakfast, this newly brewed coffee for me and milk for her is perfect for this morning, she have been baby sitting me since she arrive here few days ago.

But today we only have half of the day to hang out, kailangan niyang umuwi mamaya para mag-asikaso ng mga papeles niya, damn second semester na bago siya mag-enroll, ayan nangyayare sa mga magagala. Late enrollee.

We talked about Shiro for awhile, she said she met him when she visited my mom and dad, we're neighbours back at home by the way. She said he's quiet all the time but still approachable just like me.

Shiro is practicing his english and he manage to talk to her using it, not aware that Lui could actually speak tagalog—muka naman kasing may ibang lahi ang isang 'to.

Luisia got my attention when she clicked her fingers up in the air then put her fingers under her chin, thinking.

"Uhmm..."

I wait for her bright idea, Lui is adorable just like that. She move affectedly and she could get your attention in an instant.

"Ae? Are you free next week?" 

Napaisip ako.

I might have plans for next week...well I could cancel those.

"Let's see, why?"

Her arms rested over the table. I took a sip on my coffee, ang sarap ng timpla.

"I'm thinking of watching Fiona's game."

I almost spill the coffee, napatayo kaming pareho sa gulat.

"The fuck are you doing bro," Lui blurted, almost laughing.

"Bro?"

"Yeah bro?" she repeated.

"Why?"

"Bro?"

"What the heck Ae look at your face what's wrong with you! God!"

"Bro?" I said, repeating it just to annoy her. She bit her lip and attack me right away, ang bigat ng kamay niya, swear. Ayaw niya kasing inuulit-ulit ang mga sinasabi niya.

"Lui bakit mo naman naisip panoorin si Fiona?"

"Huh? I always watch her play nationals Ae," she answered matter of factly, uh that's true. Fiona and Lui are really good friends since they get along when there is an event—business related events—apparently laging may event na nagaganap and that makes them become close friends, while there's me who hates socializing, lagi akong umaalis at nasa sariling mundo ko lang.

"Oh! That got me thinking, you always watch her nationals, so you know Ahiera too?"

Tumaas ang isang kilay niya. I know the answer right away. It's a no so nevermind.

"Your friend Ahiera? No—whoa she play nationals?"

"Yeah a hundred and two, and four I guess?" (100m, 200m, 400m)

I'm not really sure. I've lost interest sa running events when I stopped, I just need to push away the idea of running so I could focus more on my work and school.

"She does? Wow I have no idea..." Lui rolled her shoulders backwards and was back to her thinking position, fingers playing on her chin, now with squinting eyes.

"Heh, I know you're still the best so why bother, you know when I saw the final results last year, you could beat that hundred meters record and win gold. That Gadonne should try pushing her lack more harder."