chapter 3

-time skip-
Hailey's pov:
I walked out of the small tent, with all the blood from my cuts wiped off of my face. "Come on, let me show you to your tent." The woman apparently called 'Miss Grimshaw' said sternly but sort of... comfortingly? I had no idea how to explain it, so much was happening so quickly. I walked into an open tent with two cots. "you will be sharing a tent with Miss Adler, try to get along with her." she said in her stern but comforting tone, and she walked off as she scolded a woman who was doing some kind of work. I sat down on one of the cots, when a young woman walked towards me. She was wearing some very stereotypical western girl outfit, with her blonde hair in a braid. She was a pretty young lady, I wasnt going to lie. "Uh, hey there, kid," she said with a southern accent. Come to think of it, most people here had southern accents. "why are you in my tent?" she asked. "Miss Grimshaw said i would share a tent with Miss Adler. Is that you?" i asked. Somehow, i was gaining enough confidence to talk without a stutter. "Um, yes i am Miss Adler, but you can call me Sadie. Anyway, what is your name?" Sadie asked.
Sadie's pov:
"Hailey." She said. what a weird name. She stuck out her arm for a handshake which i accepted. I sat down next to her on my cot, and we just chatted to each other about the camp.
________________________________
word count: 263