chapter 8

Hailey's pov:
My eyes fluttered open and i sat up from the cot. I looked around to see everyone in the gang doing their chores for the day. I got up, and noticed that some people in the camp were missing. Specifically, Bill, Arthur, and Dutch. I went to my horse and unhitched her. "Hello
m-miss," Kieran said, with his usual shy stutter. "Hello," i said quietly. I got on Star and galloped off.
no pov:
Hailey had no idea where the hell she was going. She definitely wasnt going to Rhodes or Valentine. She made it to West Elizabeth. She set up a small camp in the forest, and relaxed. She had been thinking about what had happened all this time being with the gang. she eventually got tired enough to sleep, which is what she did.
-its morning time folks-
Hailey woke up and yawned. She stretched her arms out and stood up. She tore her camp down, and got onto her horse. She began her trip back to camp.
-wooo we got ourselves another time skip-
Hailey's pov:
I rode back to camp, and as soon as i arrived and got off my horse, i had a bunch of people hugging me and comforting me. "Are you alright?" Marybeth asked. "Did someone hurt you?" Abigail asked. "She's fine," Sadie said. All the girls were surrounding me, all except for Sadie, who was telling them to calm down. "Im fine, nothing happened." I confirmed. All the women around me looked less tense. "Where'd you even go off to?" Sadie asked.
no pov:
"West Elizabeth. I camped out there last night." Hailey explained. Everyone was confused. "Why'd you go there and sleep rather than stay here?" Miss Grimshaw asked.
"Because i needed somewhere where i could be alone. Not to sound like i dont like you guys, i just sometimes need to be alone." Hailey explained a bit tensely. "Where is everyone, anyway?" Hailey asked, trying to change the subject of the conversation. "We sent them out to find you..." Karen said. "How are we gonna get them back here?" Abigail asked nobody in particular. "I have no idea." Hailey answered. "Maybe we can just wait for them to come back and once they do we can just be like 'surprise!'" Hailey went on. Sadie chuckled, and Marybeth told Hailey that that wasnt a good idea. "I'll go find them if you want," Sadie offered. "I dont see why not." Hailey said while shrugging. Before anyone could object, Sadie got onto her horse and then rode off.
-le time skip-
Everyone heard loud galloping, and they looked over to see a giant herd of men and a woman. Dutch, Sadie, Arthur, Hosea, Sean, Lenny, Bill, Micah, John, and Charles were all riding into camp. "Where the hell did you run off to?!" Arthur asked in slightly angered tone, while he dismounted his horse. Everyone except for Lenny and Sean were annoyed, and Hailey explained everything. "Can you please not do that again, kid? we all got worried that O'Driscolls or something took you." Dutch scolded. Mostly everyone was irritated at the fact that they got worried over nothing, but tey could all agree on one thing. They were happy that Hailey was safe.
________________________________
word count: 545