Drabbles

Snow - He had always hated the cold. Back in his Yunmeng Jiang Sect it was always warm or it rained nonstop. It never snowed. Sitting in front of the roaring fire with his husband, bundled up in a warm blanket, he has never loved the cold more.

Jealousy - It was a strong and unhealthy emotion. It was supposed to be controlled and ignored as one must not lust after the things that belong to others. Watching the seamstress measure Wei Ying to get him his ceremonial robes... He definitely did not care about the sect rules.

Wind - He felt like floating. Like he was closer to heaven. Every time he went to the top of the tower and sat on the ledge. He felt as If he was floating and the world beneath ceased to exist. Until his husband came looking for him and called him back to their own piece of heaven.

Neck - Wei Ying had an unhealthy obsession with his husband's neck. He loved the veins that ran along them. He loved the voice that came out of them. Most of all, he loved to watch that neck when it was kissing down his body. Lower.

Scroll - Jiang Cheng opened it to read these words 'You are invited to the wedding of second master Lan Wangji of the Lan Clan and Wei Wuxian'.

Steel - He missed it. Everyday. He missed the weight and the strength of holding it. He missed his father. He missed his kindness. Subian. He took one last look at the sword before locking it up.

Donkeys - He hated that animal. He hated being woken up every morning with the braying outside of his windows. He was a kind man. Being woken up at midnight with a donkey's calls is not something he was prepared to handle when he promised his brother that Wei Ying and his family and pets are all welcome to stay. He was not prepared.

Fierce - Lan Yuan was the quietest and the calmed boy. Even as a child. Wei Ying was not ready for the storm that he brought upon cloud recess when he announced that he loved a boy. 

Golden - He stood there in the rain. Drenched to the bone. Looking up at the dark skies for answers. He marvelled at the mighty roar of the thunder, waiting to feel the chill. Yet... he could not. His golden core roared, keeping him warm. He longed for the chill.

Painter - The man was torn. He looked back and forth at both the men and was torn at who to paint. The quiet one or the bright one? How was he to decide between two perfect men?

Water - He has declared war to the water gods. His husband walked to the shore, dripping wet from the lake. Every inch of him marvellous. Glittering in the sunlight. He knows this is war he will not win.

Voice - He woke up on somedays and could still hear the screams. The anguished screams calling him, asking him to save them. The screams he could handle. the darkness he could handle. It was his sister's voice that broke him. 

Longing - Toddlers. He noticed how he held them like precious porcelain dolls. He noticed the longing looks when the mothers came to take them back. He longed for them to have a child. They loved Lan Yuan. But he was a man now, a child no more. 

Spine - Lan Wangji had an unusually sensitive spine. One-touch and he would crumble.

Flutter - Soft. Barely there. Yet he could feel every second of it. Every spot it touches. His husband wanted to punish him for his earlier actions and refused to touch him. That damned feather is what will kill him finally. Not an army.

Lotus - They grow in murky waters, tangled up with deep roots. One wrong step and you could be sucked in. Beautiful yet deadly. The parallels between them and his husband were no surprise.

Hate - He hated summers. He hated that his husband trained the men without his outer robes. He taught them combat strategies. He hated every single of them who came there to learn. 

Eyes - They say that the eyes never lie. Maybe that is why he kept his eyes low and his head down. Green they were. Sharp. Hawklike. Nie Huaisang was no fool. 

Lightning - His smile lit up rooms. Anyone who came across his husband could not believe that he was the Yiling Patriarch. Lies they thought. Impossible they said. Until they saw the lightning underneath those smiles.

Fangs - He came undone every time one of those fangs sunk in his flesh. Monster. But he loved that monster. His monster. 

Discipline - He had none left after he married Wei Ying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Promised, I have uploaded the first chapter to the promised story. It is uploaded as a new story.

Title : Infinite (AU)

I will try to be prompt in the upcoming chapters as I am stuck with other things. Please be patient and as usual.... Happy reading!!!

Stay indoors. Stay safe.