Chapter 8 - Her Speech

Success varies going from one vampire to the next. Some are ecstatic with the outcome; the majority of the rogues dead and a large number of them captured. Others wished they were able to get the ones that fled. And then there are some, like Lawson, who are clouded with so much hate and anger that they cannot see their own overwhelming victory.

The mansion halls were quiet now that all the rogues were put into their cells deep underground. The quiet transcends into the hall as all the vampires stare at their leader, her silence deafening. The anger coming off of her is like a surge of waves, suffocating them so that they couldn't say a word.

"There is no win today."

The people gasp at the sound of her voice echoing throughout the expanse of the hall.

"As long as a single rogue is out there killing humans, there is no win for us. Yet despite that, despite them." Lawson's face twists in disgust. "Our biggest failure tonight was the escape of Axel Jacobson."

Every one of the vampires in the hall know of his name. The young vampire. The murderer.

"Vampires who kill without authority, without valid reason should, in return, be killed. Axel Jacobson and Miles Kingsley, the human who was brought into our sacred and secret sanctuary, both played a part in the assassination of Elias Redwood. Although it has come to my attention that the human has in fact, been turned. The men who had conducted their own vendetta against Jacobson, and killed the human, have been put on trial. I hope you take this as an example of what happens when someone refuses to cooperate with our cherished ways. But remember, they may have the same abilities as us, they may have gone through the same circumstances as us, but they are not us."

There is no denying her. There is no second judgement. How can there when she looks at you as if you should bow down to her. When she doesn't even need to say any words to put you in your place, her fierce demeanour says everything she needs to. Lawson is a leader, their leader and needs no introduction.

"We will avenge Elias' death. The rogues here will face their punishment. The rogues out there will face a greater one. At least Elias had the luxury of living for 900 years. These boys, these delinquents, will never have the pleasure. Their gift will be taken from them. As will anyone who gets in our way. So remember, always remember, who you are fighting for."

•••••••
A/N

Ok so this chapter isn't particularly long (it's one of the ones I have to throw together because I don't have enough content for it). But I highly doubt a chapter as short as this will come up again (I think).