Chapter 2: The wedding part 2

Jenny peeked from behind the dressing room door looking at the backs of all the guests.

What if something goes wrong?

I can't do this.

Is it too late to call it off?

"Earth to Jenny!" "Sorry I'm nervous" Jenny said fiddling with the ribbon around her waist. Beth sighed. "This is your wedding day you should be excited!" She said. "I'm not like you Beth, I don't like crowds."

Beth wore a simple white dress that the other brides maids were also wearing. It had the same frilled sleeves. But also had lace around the neck instead of the flower sown onto Jenny's dress.

The guests stood up.
The music began and with it the racing of Jenny's heart.
She hesitated.
"Go!" Beth whisper-shouted, shoving Jenny forward.
Jenny gained control and stepped forward.
She breathed in, taking a second step towards the front. She breathed out opening her eyes to see many faces she recognised instantly. She smiled hiding her fear taking another step.

She eventually reached the front, standing in front of her beloved. His smile took away any fear or nerve she had before.

A while later..

After what seemed like an age jenny finally heard the words she'd been dying to hear all day. "I know pronounce you husband and wife" they kissed neither took it too far. When their lips drew apart the audience applauded.

For a while they just stared at each other. Their surroundings didn't matter anymore for their love binding them drew their focus to each other. Their gaze was broken by the scattering audience. Everyone was screaming.

Jenny searched for the source of the disruption.

She was lost for words when she looked up and saw space ships of all sizes hovering above the beach. The sand below them blowing in all directions.

The door opened and behind it was a figure. The shape walked forward showing it's face. Jenny had never seen anything like it before, snake eyes, long tail, webbed claws. She saw many others behind him.

What are they?

Why are they here.?

Are they friend or foe?

Jenny saw the intruders were armed and mentally decided they were foe.

Zac made a run for it jenny close behind Him.

The bride called his name as he sped up. "Zac wait!" She yelled helplessly slowing down. She slipped rolling over in the sand.

She dared her self to look at the scene ahead of her.

It felt to her as the earth beneath her had vanished and she was falling into pure endless abyss.

The people she grew up with, all lifeless and blood soaked. Jenny held back the tears and got up. Clenching her fists, she stood. Not running. Still.

For a moment she felt invincible but the thought of her newly wed husband not beside her drew her of course.

She looked behind her searching for him in the running crowd. She finally spotted him looking back for her a worried expression covered his face. Their eyes met.

Oh thank god he's ok

"Zac!" Jenny called. He motioned for her to come to him, the worried expression not leaving his face.

Jenny ran to him.
Her hope growing with every step.

We might actually survive this!

We could live!