Chapter 7: a new ally

"What!?" Jenny exclaimed,
Everyone turned to look at the shocked girl, though Theo stayed calm.

What.........how many others got hurt.? Does he know?

When everyone looked away Jenny managed to whisper,
"I thought I was the only one who'd been in an attack."
Theo stayed silent, though the somber look on his face told her all she needed to know.
He lost someone too..

Jenny felt a stab of sympathy hit her in the chest.

Jenny stood up, "come outside" she said. Jenny held out her hand. Theodore hesitated but took it, now standing as well.

She guided him to the door, in a determined pace.

As she walked her wound stung like 1000 bee stings, it took all her might not to collapse and clutch her shoulder.

Outside the street lamps flickered in the wind, and the leaves danced along the empty cobblestone footpath. It was a quiet night, but Jenny's thoughts were swirling in her head like mini tornadoes.

I wonder if he's ok? Was he the last survivor like me? I wonder when the attack happened, I wonder where.

Jenny wanted to ask heaps of questions, but she could imagine how he felt. So instead she asked in a soft tone.
"Tell me what happened."

Theo avoided her eyes, but said, "it was a celebration party, my brother just got hired, though we got some unexpected guests." He laughed nervously.

He looked into her eyes, Jenny liked that. Most people still treated her like a child, he also talked directly to her, she liked that too. The wind blew a sudden gust, blowing Jenny's hair back.

Theo held his book tightly, and Jenny assumed it meant something to him.
"It was my wedding" she said. "Everyone died, except me, I escaped but I think they want me dead."

"Yea I figured that much, from the way you stormed into the bar, looking like you just survived a zombie apocalypse," he said.

Jenny didn't know wether to laugh or to reply with some comeback that she hadn't thought of yet.

"Ha ha very funny," she said. "Anyway, that book your holding, wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?"

"With what?" Theo asked, almost too innocently.

"What else do you know about aliens?" Jenny asked. "I don't think you'd want to know." He said " most of the time people get so blown away by my knowledge and charming looks, they can't bare to listen" Theo said, his annoying smirk returning.

Jenny rolled her eyes, "most of the time" she replied. This caused him to look even more smug, if that was at all possible. "Not as easily impressed, huh?" He teased.

"We'll see" she said. "Now tell me, what do you know?"

"Hmm straight to the point, interesting, all right, their leader is Magnar, they call themselves Alragons, they have some humans on board, some of them are prisoners, and some are on their side."

Wow..how does he know so much......focus Jenny..

"How do you know all that" Jenny asked, trying not to sound as amazed as she was.

"Told you, you'd be impressed" said Theo.

Jenny rolled her eyes.

"I'll help you, you want them dead too right?" He asked.

"Of course, who doesn't?" She answered.

"Allies?" He asked holding out his free hand.

Really? I don't know......ok fine

"Allies." She repeated, taking his hand.

—————————————————————————

Hello

Is anyone shipping it yet?
I am starting to give up. No one is reading my books, so when ever I write these author's notes at the end, I feel like I am talking to myself. Maybe one day I'll be popular like my amazing idles

SofiTheWriter

Zana_Zoola14

Artoftheforest2

If you are reading this thank you

-the lone wolf 🐺