A new identity

An ally

Wow......was that a good decision?

The wind whispered in the softest tone, but the trees swayed fiercely. A quiet drizzle padded down on Jenny's shoulder making it sting painfully.

Theodore must of noticed because his eyes were directed at her wound.

"That looks like it hurts" he said. "You think?!" She retorted.

"Come with me" he said, and started walking. Jenny followed, not really sure if she had a choice.

They arrived, after a short walk, at a place Jenny had never seen before.

A small house, sit out of place on a hill in the distance, the house had smashed windows, the walls made out of rotten wood. Jenny had a strong feeling, to stay far away from it.

But of course, that's where they were going. Jenny scrambled through bushes and thorns. When she reached the other side, she felt an even stronger surge to run far away and not look back.

Theo was already inside.

Why are we here? Why is there such a wrong feeling to it, like it radiates in strong force to keep people away. Wow my shoulder hurts a lot, I can't let him see me in pain. I have to be brave.....braver than I feel..which right now is about as brave as a beheaded turkey.

As she entered the wind whistled through the windows, blowing the door shut. Jenny made her way across the room in the darkness.

A light flickered from the corner of the room. As it did Jenny could make out the blurry shapes of furniture.

I wonder how long this place has been here. How long as Theo known about it? Is it an important place? Uhhh I have so many questions..

The light flickered again, and then stayed alight. The whole room lit up. A wooden desk in one corner, a box covered in cobwebs in the next. Half of the stuff in here looked new, and placed in here recently.

Theo was rummaging in a box in the furthest corner. What is he looking for? Jenny decided not to ask.

He turned to her holding up a half full roll of bandage, "here" he said walking towards her. "Um.....no thanks"

What are you going to do? Wrap me up in bandages? Pft. Good luck.

"C'mon you need it and you know you do" he said, walking closer. Jenny would hate to admit it but she really did need that bandage. "Fine" she said just louder than a whisper. He smirked and said, "your sleeve's in the way."

Jenny glared at him. A long silence followed. "Your going to have to change your identity you know" Theo said after a while. "Why would I do that"

"Because they can track you"

"How?"

"Every soldier has a gun, that when they point it at a person, it tells them if they match the target."

"How would it help if I change my name? Won't I still look like myself?"

"You would need a new name, hair cut, and accent." He said and smiled. "No to the new accent thanks" She said. When there was no reply, Jenny assumed he was listing names in his head to give her.

".........um?"

"give me a sec" he said.

"Wyetta"

"Huh"

"Wyetta" he repeated. I think I you should be called Wyetta"

There was a blast of strong wind blowing against the walls making them rattle.

"It means: war strength" he said, looking thoughtful.

Wyetta? Hmmmm I don't mind it

"Now for your hair" he said, sounding like a professional hairdresser. He hesitated, then pulled a knife from his belt. Jenny flinched, "don't worry" he said. He grabbed her hair and Jenny wondered if she should really let him slice her hair. With a quick motion most of her hair fell to the floor. He handed her a mirror and she examined her new hair.

"There" he said. He handed her the bandage, "here you can do it yourself, Wyetta".
————————————————————————-
Thank you to the following people for following me:

camilasorto
JediHippiePickle

I followed you back :)

Anyway, just remember if you need anyone to talk to about anything, I will be here.

-The Lone Wolf 🐺