Expect the unexpected (M)

One more day, just one more day, Gulf kept telling himself. This week had been absolute torture. Ever since the livestream with Mew things had taken a turn for the worst. 

Apart from his hormones being all over the place, Gulf couldn't shake the constant feeling of being watched out of his head. 

He couldn't really put his finger on what it was, it's like the feeling you get when you know that someone's standing behind you and when you turn to look there's no one there.

This resulting in sleepless nights as he would lay wide awake, listening for any kind of suspicious noise. He had become overly aware of his surroundings that even the simplest sound like the dishwasher would make him jump.

And it didn't matter how many times he kept telling himself that he was just being paranoid. The feeling wouldn't go away.

Gulf had never been one to scare easily but this was different, something he'd never felt before. He felt observed.

And as the week was now slowly coming to an end, the longing for his lover hit him like a ton of bricks. 

Guilt was starting to consume him when he thought about the last call he had with the older. The restless nights had not only affected his sleep but also his mood, which had caused him to snap at his boyfriend last night. Mew had kept asking about if he'd eaten enough and that he should try to get more rest. 

That's when Gulf had snapped, saying that it was his fault for leaving him in the first place, then he had just hung up the phone.

Now, almost ten hours later Gulf was starting to get desperate.

Seated on the couch, one leg bouncing up and down in a nervous pace as he kept tapping the phone in his lap. He'd tried calling and texting the older nonstop without any luck.

Gulf knew he deserved it, knowing how much he himself hated it when someone raised their voice at him, especially without any valid reason.

Mew was ignoring him.

It felt empty. No text asking if he'd had breakfast yet, no morning call, no nothing. Gulf felt helpless. When had he become so dependent? It was like he couldn't function without the other.

Refusing to listen to his inner voice telling him to calm down and wait for the older to call him, Gulf once again picked up the phone and speed dialled Mew's number.

"...The number you've reached is currently unavailable, please try again later.."

"Fuck.." Gulf slammed the phone back on the table for the twelfth time.

Figuring there was no use in sitting around and wait, since the older obviously wasn't going to call him back anytime soon. Gulf got up from his seat, deciding to get on with his miserable day.  

When the clock struck 3 PM Gulf closed the book with a sigh. He had gotten some studying done but was now losing focus. 

Guess relying on 2 hours sleep a night had finally taken a toll on him.

Stretching his aching limbs before getting up from the desk, Gulf exhaustedly made his way to the couch and slumped down. Reaching for his phone across the table, hoping to find a text or a missed call from his lover. But was yet again met with nothing. No texts, no calls.

He continued to stare at the device until the screen turned blurry. Knowing that he should probably move to the bedroom but he didn't have the energy to get up.

Feeling his eyelids getting heavier by the second Gulf finally allowed himself to slip into a deep slumber, comforted by the thought of tomorrow his suffering would finally come to an end.