Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Nine-forty-five and Breanne was walking up the path to Greg's apartment building. He lived in Potts Point and judging by the exterior of this apartment the man had serious money. She thought it a pity that someone who had acquired this kind of wealth had not also acquired the emotional thoughtfulness to put together a romantic date from the heart. Who was she to criticise. His lack of romanticism was paying her wages and a nice little bonus. She continued her walk up the perfectly manicured garden path. Breanne breathed in the scent of gardenias in bloom and approaching the door she tugged at the bottom of her slim fit skirt which had crept out of position. Breanne felt a twinge of self-consciousness as she reached for the door buzzer. Dressed in tidy office wear of a button up short sleeved blouse and pencil skirt with moderate heels Breanne usually felt a bit more confident. However, today she felt the need to impress. Breanne had been trying to visualise the voice on the phone and somewhere throughout a restless night she'd created a man who was out of her league sexy. Arriving today in her chain store bought clothing was not quite the style needed to fulfil her end of the fantasy. Breanne admonished herself for her fanciful thoughts. Even if he was Mr. Wonderful or remotely interested in her she certainly wasn't in a position to be dating anyone. She shook her head, set herself straight and then pressed on the door bell.

Zandro forced himself to stay seated at his desk and waited for his housekeeper to let her in. Fighting for control was a novel experience, he was not about to start acting like a randy teenager at this point in his life. Hell it had been so long since he'd felt this kind of anticipation and he found he was enjoying the experience even if patience wasn't his strongest attribute. When it came to business decisions Zandro outmanoeuvred his opposition during negotiations every time with his forceful silence and ability to hold out for the best outcome. His focus and drive were two of the factors that saw Zandro move from doing entry level roles, whilst putting himself through dual business and economic degrees, to the successful business magnate of Europe's leading finance company, Zandra Finance. He owed his mentor and step Uncle Massimo. Max the older brother of his mother's third but not last husband and an astute business man himself had seen in Zandro a relentlessness and focus at a very early age and had not only offered financial assistance to help Zandro through his education but had been a continued mentor throughout the years. It was because of Max that he was here now. He wondered what Max would think of his current actions.

The door opened and a middle aged, homely woman of comfortable proportions greeted Breanne. "Come on in love I'll take you straight up to the office. Would you like a cuppa tea? I have a pot brewed but can just as easily make a coffee if you prefer?" the woman chatted away.

Breanne immediately felt herself relax in the woman's presence. If his mum was this lovely then the man himself would surely be okay to work for. "Ummm, a cup of tea would be lovely thanks," Breanne said with a smile.

Breanne was lead up a modern, floating staircase of polished glass and gleaming chrome suspension cables and was advised to take the second door on the right and that tea would be brought up to the office in a jiffy.

The door was open, though common courtesy dictated that she should still knock to alert him of her presence. He was engrossed, focused on his computer screen and it gave Breanne the chance to check out his profile. Even in his seat he seemed to fill the room with his presence. She took in his dark, just long enough to run her fingers through, hair, his strong straight nose and smooth clean shaven olive skin. "Take a seat," he dictated as she raised her hand to tap on the door.

Zandro had felt her presence and knew that he was being studied. With a concerted effort he stayed focused on the stats that were blurring before him on the screen. Without lifting his head he called for her to enter. Deliberately biding his time he took another moment to ensure that he kept his most needed possession, control. Her sweet provocative perfume filled his senses and escalated the battle that was already raging within him. Turning he gazed directly into a large pool of warm brown eyes and the most enticing smile he had ever seen.