Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Finishing her shift at work Breanne opted to change in the downstairs bathroom away from prying eyes. Since Zandro wanted to surprise her she was not able to meet him at his chosen restaurant and she certainly didn't think he was ready to enter her real world, she doubted he ever would be.

She could just imagine the ribbing she would get from her work colleagues if they were to see her all dressed up for a date. Although Breanne was bright, bubbly and friendly with everyone she never really discussed her personal life with her peers. Breanne held people quite effectively at bay with such a subtlety that the receiver rarely realised. Well tonight was not about getting into anything deep and personal and she had better remember that.

Breanne shrugged out of her work clothes and slipped on her dress. She had bought the dress at a cute second hand store on Hunter Street, falling in love with not just the flattering cut but the shade of purple that was simply elegant and desirable. Thin straps accentuated her prominent collar bone whist the plunging neck line drew focus to her breasts and the flattering fall of the fabric away from her hips.  Breanne completed her outfit with a pair of high strappy nude heels and a small clutch purse. Pleased with the end result Breanne added another quick touch up of gloss to her lips and snuck out the back exit to meet with Zandro.

Walking out onto the footpath she drew in her breath. The man was an absolute fantasy. Lounging on the side of his Italian sports car without a care in the world; he could easily pass as a model though his face was more masculine than any she had seen in a magazine. As she approached the car he looked her way his expression barely altered but she had noticed the slight widening of his eyes and the look of male appreciation that settled on his self-assured features. She could see his hunger emerging and she felt the butterflies buzzing inside with excited energy. As she neared him he walked the last step towards her and taking her hand he whispered, "Cara, you are stunning."

She felt herself glowing from his compliment and allowed his hand to pull her in for a customary European greeting on both cheeks. The spices of his scent, a heady mix, assaulted her senses as she felt his lips and cheek press slowly against the smooth flesh of her cheeks. At that moment she wished she were bold enough to turn her lips towards him and feel what she was sure would be a potent exploration of their mouths devouring each other.

Zandro ushered her into the luxury of his car and she once again could smell his scent as they sat in the confines of the car. He looked at home behind the wheel of such power and she felt comfortable before he even accelerated. "So where are you whisking me off to? Am I allowed to ask?"

"Of course you may ask. However, this doesn't mean that I am going to answer," he laughed heartily clearly enjoying himself. She felt like pouting but managed to restrain herself.

"Relax Cara we will be there before you know it and I promise tonight you will see exactly what I am capable of with my own imagination."

Did he think that she would fall straight into his bed after their first date? As muddled as he had her thoughts she really wasn't that kind of girl. He was looking at her like he had her in mind for the entree, main course and then some. "I've only agreed to a date Zandro..."

"Relax Cara. I was only referring to the fact that I must redeem myself and show you that I am capable of orchestrating this date on my own," he smiled innocently at her.

Oh he was very accomplished at switching on the charm when needed. She didn't for one second feel comforted by his air of innocence. Zandro was definitely a man in control, intent on his purpose and she would do best to remember that when playing with fire it was likely that you may get burnt.

A few minutes up the road Zandro parked the car with ease and ushered her to a helicopter!  The whir of the blades quite loud, whipped up the hem of her dress and she did not want to even think about her hair which was flying in every direction. "I've never been in a helicopter before," she yelled up to him.