Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Breanne was definitely on the mend and Zandro was now taking the time to acknowledge what his actions over the past week meant. Aside from family he had never before looked after another the way he had with Breanne. Of course anyone would have done the same thing particularly since she was a guest in his home. It was naturally his responsibility to look after her. It didn't explain though why after all of these years he had disclosed his upbringing. He was not sure how he felt about someone else knowing the deeper him and understanding who he was. She had a shared empathy with him, being one that had also taken on her share at an early age.

He didn't feel totally uncomfortable with her knowing more about him but it certainly did not mean that they should change the rules of engagement. It simply added a bit more depth to their liaison and as long as Breanne could cope with that and not become all starry eyed then he would be happy to progress with their friendship with benefits. Zandro pushed away niggling thoughts and prepared for the day ahead. They still had a few more days left to complete their work and then they would be heading back to Australia.

Breanne prepared for work. She was still a little tired from her illness. She had convinced Zandro to allow her to do a half day so that she wouldn't go stir crazy around the house. They would both head into the office and then he would continue working from the apartment in the afternoon. Breanne was not looking forward to going back to Australia. She loved her home but she wasn't quite sure what would happen to the tentative connection they had made. She wished she were feeling brave enough to be direct about it and simply ask him his intentions. She would give him a bit more time and hopefully he would propose an ongoing relationship with her. If he didn't bring up the conversation then she promised herself she would broach it before they landed back in Australia.

With the week coming to an end Breanne had to start thinking about whether or not it made good business sense to outsource in part or full to the Philippines. She took the time to put together her proposal and felt satisfied with her recommendations. She wanted to do some research on companies that had outsourced and find out the effects to their business. She also wanted to do a survey of LSS customers to find out what their thoughts were as based on her findings so far she simply felt that she did not have enough information to base a decision on. Breanne put together a list of pros and cons to date and after formatting the document into what she hoped was a professional looking proposal she hit the send button to forward the document through to Zandro.

It was important to her that he consider her work seriously. She hoped that just because their relationship had become personal that he would not be biased or unfair with his assessment of her work.

Breanne had the last day of the trip to herself as Zandro still had a little business to complete and she had finished her recommendation. She wandered through some of the malls grabbing a cheap bargain here and there particularly souvenirs for the kids. Everything was so cheap and it was expected that she be able to bargain for a better price. However, having seen how hard things were for many of these people she felt bad about trying to lower what to her was already a fabulous price and instead left small tips here and there.

She spent a bit of time in the morning at Greenhills Shopping Center which was like an enormous market place. Most customers were locals and as an Australian she definitely stood out. She had been swarmed by merchants who wanted her to purchase their goods. If she so much at glanced at something she would have that item and many more similar shoved at her to buy

The atmosphere was wonderful and so different to anything she had seen before in Australia. She bought several items including shoes and a new handbag. Her standard size eight Aussie feet were actually quite large compared to the average Filipino women and it wasn't all that easy to get the pretty colourful shoes in her size. She did manage to find a nice pair of backless heels and bought them in three different colours.