Chapter I

Okay, new story! Uh, I really don't know what to say, everything I needed to is in the description. Then without further ado, the story~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The think London fog slithered near the docks, it's color a sickly yellow, reflecting off the oil streetlights. Visibility was limited, but the busy occupants of the cobbled streets couldn't be bothered by it. 

Ready to board the massive, wooden sailing ship which was bound to the docks by a single thick rope was a young lad of seemingly sixteen, Arthur Kirkland, his dreams and hopes high as kite. Had one said this scrawny lad was the most important man in the docks, let alone the country, enough poison (alcohol) to kill one would be required for a hint of belief. Had one said he was said country, he would most likely be executed for ridiculy. 

He was a sight for sore eyes, clad in muddy riding boots, now gray trousers, they were once black, that looked overworn, and a white shirt that was surprisingly in perfect condition, an eye catcher.

With one last glance thrown over his shoulder at his treasured capital, he strode on board with all the confidence of a young soul. Orders were barked left and right overhead as the more experienced members of the crew rushed around bustling as they prepared to start sail.

Arthur felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to find a grinning lad about his age, but more heavily built, with ashy brown hair and the typical grey fish eyes of the English. "Hello mate, you new?" The boy asked, as Arthur took note of his tanned skin, signifying the brunette had been onboard for a considerable while.

Arthur nodded, and stuck out his hand as he began to acquainted himself with the lad. "I'm Arthur Kirkland, and you are?" 

"Robert Thompson. Pleasure." The friendly reply came, and Arthur gave 'Robert' a small smirk. "Likewise."

Had any of the two known what fate awaited them, one would have cheered, while the second would falter and leap off the ship while distance still permitted the deed safely. "Oi! You two dogs! You're not onboard for tea and chit-chat! To work ye bastards!" The Captain's unpleasant yell jumped the two and they scampered off to find a chore that was left unattended.

Hours crawled by, yet nothing arose. A sigh escaping his lips, Arthur made his way to the ship's railing further out on deck, his emerald eyes lazily scanning the horizon, but perking up sharply as the faded outline of a ship came into view. It was only the first day, so Arthur wasn't quite certain of who to consult. Robert seemed to be caught up in his own world, so Arthur decided to approach the Captain directly.

"Sir?" Arthur made his presence clear. "What is it laddie?" The Captain payed heed to the sincerity in Arthur's tone as he had barked an order for someone to take the wheel, deeming it serious enough. "There's a ship out front. I'm not certain as to whether it poses any form of threat or not but I thought one could never be too careful."  

At Arthur's words, the Captain's brow furrowed as he walked to the railing and looked out using a metallic telescope. His expression darkened and muttered; "Ay, that be a pirate ship." Arthur's adrenaline threatened to rise at the mere thought of coming into contact with pirates on his first day on a trade ship. The thought seemed exciting, to say the least, yet would push numerous buttons with most people.

Thus, this would be how Arthur would find himself bound to a wooden pole.