Chapter XI

17th of June, 1499,

It is a miracle I survived France. Really, why were alcoholic drinks found, and why was Arthur a drinker? He is unbearable when sober, and somehow even more so when intoxicated. He attempted to murder me through a game of Russian Roulette, was constantly knocking over and finishing every bottle he laid eyes on, nearly challenged the French Captain, the host, to a deathly duel, leaped on my back, and almost shot his apparent twin with an arrow, Lord knows where he got ahold of that.

And yes, his twin. Who is apparently Beilschmidt. What a small world. Yet how? He was Prussian, and the other British. No sense nor logic was involved, and I am not even mentioning the surname difference. 

The day after all that, Arthur was more bitter than a lime and snapped at everyone for everything. He even embedded a dagger in Samuel's shoulder due to a mere word of masked protest at an order. My deepest regrets to him.

Today was all normal, or as normal as it could become, with the exception of one oddity; I had cast my glance upon a discarded leather bound book during my short trip to the kitchen. It appeared to be a journal. Curiosity getting the better of me, I flipped through the pages, and every page had a very small group of foreign words in the center, and some papers had some odd symbols. I could make nothing of it.

When I went into the Captain's cabin with tea, his emerald eyes grew wide at the sight of the journal, or so it appeared, and snatched it from me instantly. He offered no explanation, so I refrained from asking, knowing I would not receive one.

Mysterious, as was everything with this lad. The day then carried on with no memory or reference to the occurrence. I have an odd sensation that something ominous shall happen, though as to what, I have not the slightest clue. It is, after all, only instinct. I shall get back to the topic throughout my next entry.

Praying it is not my death,

Jonathan Williams

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, bit short, I know, and the coming two chapters, which are the last ones without the epilogue, will be of similar lengths. But yeah, nearing the end.