Chapter XIII

Last chapter before epilogue~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21st of October 1499,

I live. I do not know how, but I do know it was nothing short of a miracle. I have not written in over two months, it was battle after battle, but nothing too dangerous. Later, weapons were shaper and deaths were higher. 

I was one of those who had nearly went into the death counts. Some sneaky French bastard took me by surprise and stabbed me near the heart, had I not turned at the last moment, it would have been clean there. I was dying, I was sure of it, and just as I was on the brink of it, something occurred. 

The trauma must have driven it out of my memory, but the next thing I knew I was back on my feet and it was like nothing ever occurred. A bit eerie, though not as much as death, though I think I can now safely say I have seen everything in this life.

Oh no, I have not tried coffee yet. Ignore that former statement, then. 

I sit at the docks of London as I write this. Home. Filthy, noisy, pestering home. How can she charm me so? Arthur has just passed by. I still am not certain how to address him. Oddly enough, Captain or Kirkland seems too... Distant, though he has certainly earned my respect to address him by the title. 

Oh, I think it isn't going to rain. The clouds cleared up almost all at once. Peculiar, really. Yet that was England's weather. Entirely unpredictable. Sometimes I wonder if it's based off a changeable person's mood. Though it does rain more often than not, so that was still there.

I just hope after two years out at sea with two different Captains I will finally get more than a few days to take in all the charms of London and quench my thirst once more. 

We seem to have climbed the ranks fast in the pirate world, neck and neck with the Spaniards. Yet... They all seem to be playing a game, holding back, circling each other like predators, occasionally snapping out. Lord knows what the truth really is, so I will not bother much with it. 

Well, I must be off, or I shall spend all day writing. London awaitss. Farewell.

Life is looking up,

Jonathan Williams