Chapter IV

The chapters vary between normal and diary entries, with the diary entries usually being much longer, and some non-entries such as this one are a bit like fillers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a constant tapping on the wooden floors as Arthur waited impatiently for Jonathan to put away the leather bound journal and quill, despite only asking for him less than half a minute ago. The newly appointed Captain had asked his apparent cabin boy to explain matters to him, who was who, their previous plans, and such. 

Arthur had taken notice of how the entire crew cowered in their boots before him with the exception of this Jonathan. The reason remained unknown to the blonde, but he regardless took advantage of it. That is what led to the lad leaning against the cabin door frame, impatience beginning to get the better of him, as Jonathan rose and went over to him, then seemed to virtually scan him with his soft, chocolate eyes.

"What?" Arthur snapped, the fear of inserting the wrong image looming over him. Jonathan only shook his head in response silently and walked past him onto deck. The blonde's mouth twisted into an expression one might call the result of an indulgence between a frown and a grimace. Then the brunette stopped, as though sensing the emotion of confusion, and underlying threat, radiating off the younger, or so it seemed, and turned sharply on his heel.

"It's only that you look rather like a field worked than a pirate captain." He explained with a slight flair to his words. "No offense was intended, sir." He added hastily upon seeing the dangerous aura dawning furthermore on Arthur, who scoffed and said; 'Yet it was conveyed. Now, what could you possibly mean by that? My attire?" Jonathan gave a slight shrug, accompanied with a subconsciously judging look then a nod, yet he would later come to regret this, and later proved to be a mere second later as Arthur's eyes lit up upon an idea, to which he proceeded to run into the cabin, slamming the door shut, causing splinters to form in the aging wood. Jonathan heaved a sigh and muttered; "He could have at least given me my writing tools."

(Me, realizing this is way too short and regretting the way I wrote this: Sneak peek of diary entry it is then-)

12th of June, 1499,

It  is the second say for our new Captain, and life could not get more ecstatic. I must confess, there were moments when I considered the thought he may be a lady. It took him two hours and counting to consider himself ready to come out of that blasted cabin. I sincerely regret ever speaking. Yet when the door was finally thrown, not a hyperbole, open, I was myself shocked into a momentary silence. The change in attire was drastic. Where previously stood a lad who appeared as though he was likely to be a laborer, now stood an impressive sight. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still short, I know, sorry. But bear with me, the chapters coming up should be longer.

Ciao~