Chapter 3

The coronation was a success. The families came together for the first time in peace to celebrate the new queen and king consort of Arendelle. Hans genuinely felt pride for his son, being able to settle down like he never could.

Robert obviously knew of his father's past, and always felt a tinge of uncertainty regarding his father's feelings of him being married to an Arendellian royal. But Hans assured him that there was nothing to be worried about and that he was genuinely happy for his son.

"I wish mom could've joined us," Robert admitted. His parents' relationship had become strained during his teenage years, and Robert never knew who to side with. But for today, he intended to keep it out of his mind as much as possible. Hans patted his son on the shoulder.

"Go enjoy yourself, you deserve it." Hans excused himself to get changed quickly as he wanted to wear something else for the after-party. He was excused and quickly disappeared into the guest quarters. Meanwhile, Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Conrad, Ryder, and Honeymaren marveled at how well everything was playing out. Kjerstin, Jonis, Soleil, Robert, and Anna and Kristoff's children went ahead to go to the ballroom.

"How time flies, huh?" Anna remarked. Elsa chuckled and nodded.

"Oh indeed. It still feels like yesterday when we opened up the gates for the first time." Kai's nephew, Dagulv, led the royals to the ballroom to join the kids and welcome guests as they filtered in.

Meanwhile, in the guest quarters, Hans became... occupied with other plans. Over the years, Hans became very good at being two-faced. He lied like it was his first language. And even though he very genuinely loved his son and wanted the best for him, he was secretly jealous of what his son was able to accomplish.

Tonight, he intended to take things into his hands once and for all and do the very thing he planned over 20 years ago.

He was going to kill the young queen. And he didn't care what would happen to him. He desired that satisfaction ever since he first stepped foot in Arendelle. He knew this would very well be a death sentence, but he was too blinded by his own need to kill the queen.

"Tonight. Once and for all, I get my own happy ending."

Soon, the party was underway, and everyone was thoroughly enjoying themselves. Conrad was off to the side talking to his brother and sister, and Kristoff and Anna were talking with some dignitaries. Ryder and Honeymaren stuck by Elsa's side, simply watching the party-goers and ravishing in the experience of being in a palace for the first time.

"Is this what royal life is like all the time?" Honeymaren asked, "do you have parties often?" Elsa shook her head with a smile.

"Oh not at all actually. Most of the time it's paperwork and meetings. Going out and interacting with the people. It's quite boring sometimes."

"You and Anna seem to have both been excellent queens." Elsa smiled at the compliment.

"I think Anna was even better than I ever was. And Kjerstin was trained by her, so I know for a fact that Kjerstin will be much like her."

"What was your coronation like, Elsa? Was it anything like this?" Elsa pursed her lips, unsure of how to answer.

"Honestly, I'm not quite sure. A lot of things have stayed the same, but others not so much. One of our closest trading partners, Weselton, was quite the character when he visited for my coronation."

"How so?"

"His toupee flopped over when he bowed," this garnered a few snickers from Ryder and Honeymaren, rightly so, Elsa still laughed at the thought of it, "he was also the most absurd dancer I've ever seen. Quite the sprightly man if I say so myself." Conrad rejoined them with Oliver and Signe, the latter absolutely beaming. Signe gladly hugged the Snow Queen tightly.