Chapter 0 : Where are you ?

April 4, 1965:

Snow ran up the stairs to the basement of her house with a jar of healing cream in her hands. 

She shouted, "Daddy! Daddy, I found it!".

No one answered.

Snow continued running through the basement hallways of the house and shouted again, "I have the ointment for the whistler! Daddy, where are you? Daddy!".

No one answered.

The little girl stopped running but kept calling: "Daddy? Daddy? Where are you?".

No one answered.

Snow walked through this jumble of rooms, she passed between her father's creatures, without giving them the attention they deserved, she was afraid.

She knew that her father was wanted, she knew he was in danger, she had been away too long, she was afraid that something bad had happened to him. She was afraid she had to put protocol in place.

A scream was heard.

The sound came from the last room at the end of the hall. Blanche's father had forbidden her to go into that room, he thought it was too dangerous.

That day was the day Snow disobeyed for the first time.

She opened the door, her childish little hands trembling. She heard noises of struggle. She had to follow protocol, she had to run to get the suitcase, press the third button from the left and go to the wardrobe room to disappear, arrive at her aunt and uncle's house and warn them of the danger.

She didn't do that. She was too scared, afraid of losing her father after losing her mother. Afraid of being alone if he left. Scared that she didn't have the courage to do the right thing.

The door was open.

Snow saw two shadows fly away and pierce the ceiling. And her father, on the floor, alone. Alone, or rather face to face with death. Snow ran towards him, unable to speak, scream, or even call her father.

On that day, Norbert Dragonneau died, leaving his daughter Snow Scamander an orphan.