Chapter 0 : You are a monster

December 23rd, 1969:

"Petunia? Petunia, please open the door. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that.

-You're a monster! -You're a monster! Get out of here!"

A little redheaded girl burst into tears and ran out through the halls of the house. Her parents were at work, it was 11 o'clock and she was alone with her sister. She ran to the entrance, put on her coat, scarf and shoes and ran outside. She ran through the streets until she ran into something.

"Lily?! Are you okay?"

The little redhead stepped away from the pole she'd just hit in the head and said, cut off by her sobs, in a familiar voice, "Yes, I'm fine.

- What's the matter with you? Why are you crying? asked her worried friend.

- nothing... The girl said, not wanting to worry him any more, but trying to suppress his sobs.

- It's not nice to lie. Declared severus

- it's just... Started this way without finishing her sentence

-it's just that what? questioned her friend gently

- It's petunia, I grew the plants in the garden when they shouldn't have and she's gone. When I went to see her she called me a monster. Lily confided.

- Don't be sad," he reassured her as the two children headed back to the Evans' house shivering with cold, she's jealous; she probably would have liked to have powers like you.

- Would she? Lily asked in a small voice.

- I'm sure of it. He said."

The two children continued walking to Lily's house. When they arrived, Lily asked him: "Oh my, why were you outside in this cold? The streets were deserted.

- My parents aren't here and I wanted to see the snow. Rigola Severus.

- It's not nice to lie," quoted Lily, who suspected that her out in the cold had something to do with her parents' strange friends."

Severus remembered the scene he'd managed to forget with Lily's company.

Her mother and father had quarrelled for some trivial reason. He had come down from his room and heard their screams. He hid behind the only half-open door and heard the sound of broken glass and his father's voice shouting, "You're a monster!"

At those words, Severus had run away carelessly into the streets.

"I know."