Chapter 2 : arrival at Hogwarts

Pdv Remus:

After we put on our wizard robes, we came out of Hogwarts Express and heard a rather massive gentleman with a long black beard and hair of the same colour and length, looking nice and jolly announcing: "The first few years, this way please!"

So the five of us went over to him.

We arrived in front of boats, each of which could hold four people at the most. William and Snow got into the boat with a girl with long red hair, beautifully wavy at the tips, and emerald green eyes, while James, Sirius and I got into the boat with a rather small blond boy with very light irises named Peter. He seems very nice.

Where the trip was rather quiet for most of the students, ours was rather eventful, literally and figuratively.

Indeed James and Sirius almost capsized the boat by leaning both on the same side to check if there was not a sea monster in the lake according to the rumours. Luckily Peter and I managed to balance the boat out by a small margin.

Then everything turned out to be calm for the rest of the trip. James and Sirius having seen the castle, I think they were too busy thinking about their future assignment in one of the four houses.

"Now you're going to be distributed to the different houses at Hogwarts. Your house will be a bit like your second family. At the end of the year we will award the cup to the house with the most points. Points will be earned on your achievements, and lost if you break the rules. There are four houses, which are named Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. When I call your names after the rhyme of the hat-choice, you will go and sit on the stool, I will put the hat-choice on your head, and it will spread out in your house," explained Professor McGonagal in the religious silence of the room.

A strange, damaged hat, whose folds formed a mouth, began to hum:"

( personal composition, I felt he could not repeat the songs from the books as he changes them almost every year)

In this place, no one is alone,because everyone has their host familythey were created by the founders of Hogwarts:Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowenna Raveclaw and Salazar Slytherin !

Godric wanted his house only the most virtuous filled with righteousness, a thirst for justice and the most courageouscannot gather under the banner of the Gryffon...

Rowenna wanted the eagle to accept only the most erudite...the most eager for knowledge and the wisest cozy home

Salazar would only accept into the snake's lair those whoof malignancy and sagacity knew how to demonstrateand whose ambition was infinite

Helga proposed to all the others:the social ones, the clumsy ones as well as the lunatics...to take refuge in the badger's house."

After this recitation, McGonagal resumed his speech...

"Snow Scamander"

Snow walked over to the stool, she looked intimidated.

Pdv Snow :

"Oh, a third Scamander ! You seem different from the other two. I see strength of spirit, but also shyness and clumsiness. I also see talent yes, a lot of knowledge, and a desire to learn. A desire for revenge but also a lot of courage, so where will I put you? Gryffindor would be a perfect home for you, your courage and strength of spirit, yes, Gryffindor would help you to progress, and to rise to the highest rank...

- Not Gryffindor! I thought as high in my mind...

-No Gryffindor? -No Gryffindor? Why? This house would help you progress...

- They were at Gryffindor! I interrupted him.

- I don't like the idea of letting a student choose her own house..."

Pdv Remus:

...the herd picked the neighborhood to announce the house in which Snow would be living."...