[09-1] If I'm to Experience the Pain of Living

After that, there's some semblance of peace. Beginning isn't bothered by anyone for a while-- her incident with Manipulation probably put at least a couple of people off. It's the first time she's ever gone any significant amount of time without being bothered, and that's... sort of interesting.

So she's left to herself to wander. It takes her a while of just exploring and poking around at decaying buildings to get bored, but when she does, it hits like a truck. Beginning actually catches herself wondering where everyone went. She almost chokes when she thinks it, of course, but the thought still stands. The idea that she's getting used to everyone and their horrible way is sort of worrying. Scratch that, it's a lot worrying.

Fortunately for her, it's not long before she stumbles upon something. Or maybe less fortunate, considering that one of the people involved is Selfishness, and that Selfishness seems to be very, very angry.

"What the fuck do you mean, 'I have to wait'!?" Selfishness screeches, voice at a downright grating volume. She's standing strong and wide, posture obviously intense. "You said we'd start killing soon, and I want results. Both of you had better hurry the fuck up!"

And then, the person whose space she's getting into; Jealousy.

Jealousy is wearing a downright bitter face. She's standing as tall as she can muster, which isn't saying much, but her posture is equally intense. It looks like she's doing everything possible to stand up for herself.

"Well, it's not time yet, and you are going to have to wait. I'm sure someone like you," her voice dripping with sarcasm, "can manage. The plan isn't ready yet. You know that Judgement's word is law, and if I were you, I'd calm down and cease to question the person that could end your existence with a blink. Or, perhaps, are you really as stupid as you look?"

Selfishness fumes. "Shut up already, weakling! Or do you forget that I could crush you just as well. You're useless, Jealousy. Anyone here could end you! The only reason you can tell is what to do is because Judgement backs you up. Without her, you'd be killbait." She then cracks a grin, placing one massive, clawed hand on her hip in an obvious threat. "You're pathetic. All you do is lick Judgement's boots and play her lapdog. There's no part of you that could survive on your own for a second with us."

That's quite the rant, Beginning thinks. Uncalled for too, but that's no surprise. Selfishness is acting quite a bit meaner than her usual self... which isn't really saying anything. Beginning feels sorry for Jealousy, but at the same time, she's glad that that bad attitude isn't directed at her. She'd rather not get verbally assaulted over seemingly nothing.

But all Jealousy does is cross two of her arms. "Unfortunate, I know. But I really don't care what you have to say. Whether or not I'm a 'lapdog', I'm still in charge of you, and I think that says enough."

It's impressive. Beginning doesn't think that she could keep her cool so well. Jealousy, as that person's second-in-command, must know that she has quite a bit of power, regardless of her physical strength. Beginning is well aware that Jealousy is probably the weakest person there, but oh, is she good at standing up for herself. It's downright impressive how well she bites back. It's like she doesn't care a bit that she's weak.

Jealousy is kind of an enigma. How someone like that wound up as Judgement's direct follower is confusing. Jealousy certainly doesn't seem like the type that that person would be fond of, much less allow so much power over the others. Beginning supposes that it could have something to do with how collected and orderly she seems to be... or maybe how good she is at sounding respectful. Even though Beginning has a feeling that Jealousy isn't quite as loyal as she seems, it's impressive that she interacts with Judgement so often and isn't afraid. Well, mostly not.