One last thing...

A/N If anyone has any suggestions of storylines they'd like me to include please leave them in the comments! Also, thank you for over 300 reads or whatever it is lol! 

April met up with Brett, Casey, Mouch and Hermann outside the operating room and told them what Rhodes was planning to do. They looked disgusted, "Rhodes, we don't want you to remove Stella's lung." Hermann said, he was trying to stay calm but the anger in his voice was rising. "We can't reach her family and they're the only people who can override our decision. Now, as her doctor I believe the best chance Stella has is if I remove her lung." Rhodes said, Connor started to get annoyed, the firefighters weren't listening. "Doc, we are her family and she'd say the same thing." Each time Hermann and Rhodes spoke they kept getting angrier at each other. Connor stomped away knowing what he was about to do wrong even though it was the only way to save Stella. Through the doors he saw Stella, she was coupled up to a ventilator barely alive. He knew there was another way to save Kidd, her baby and her firefighting career. Rhodes found Dr Bekker scrubbing in, he could see Stella through the window. "There's another way.." "What do you mean?" She replied confused. "We know her bleed started in the lower lobe, right?" Bekker nodded even though she was still confused. "So, what if I clamped at the base of the pulmonary artery." Rhodes sounded confident but Ava still sighed in disbelief at the thought that the plan would ever work. "Connor, you made the right call, we have a good surgical plan!" "If the bleeding stops we won't have to remove the entire lung! Anyway, if that doesn't work we can still remove her lung afterwards. Ava, I don't care what you say, I'm going to try to save her lung!" Rhodes turned the tap off and rushed into the operating theatre. Throughout the surgery Stella went from being stable to unstable to stable again, Connor couldn't get to the lower lobe and he was barely keeping her oxygenated as it was. Suddenly the alarms started blaring but wait, Rhodes had found the source of the bleed! He quickly clamped it off knowing there wasn't much time left, Connor then fixed it. Ava smiled, "You were extremely lucky."

Rhodes came out from behind the doors into the waiting area. Brett, Casey, Mouch and Hermann stood up immediately in silence. They prayed everything had gone well. "The surgery was a success, Stella should be back at work in no time!" Connor said satisfactorily. The members of Firehouse 51 patted each other on the back and shook Rhodes' hands. They each said "Thanks." and then wandered off chattering away. "April, why don't you bring Kelly in." She patted his shoulder and went to find him.