We're free!

Kelly groaned, he read 5:42 on his alarm. Who could be calling at this time of the morning? He gently shook Stella awake "Stell, your phone's ringing" "Mhm, but it's too early..." "I know... I think you should answer. Whoever's calling must really want you to pick up otherwise why would they call at this time in the morning?" Stella groaned as Kelly passed her the phone.

"Hello?" "Is this Stella Kidd?" "Who's calling?" "This is Sarah from Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment Centres, I'm calling about Roger Grant. You have been listed as his emergency contact." "Uh ok... this is she." Stella could hear the woman sigh from the other end of the call. "Grant has been trying to get into contact with you for a couple of months now. We talked to Dr Charles from Gaffney Chicago Medical Centre and were alerted that you never want to see him again." "That is correct..." The woman on the other side of the call cleared her throat "I hate to inform you but Roger Grant- he's dead..." He- he is?" "Yes, I'm extremely sorry for your loss." "I- thank you... I have to go-"

Stella quickly hung up the phone and passed it back to Severide. "What was that about?" He yawned. "Nothing, nothing!!" "Stella..." She sighed "Gr- Grant's dead!" "What!" "Yeah... omg!" She gasped. "He's dead!" Strangely Stella started laughing "He's dead!!" "And why is that funny?" Kelly raised an eyebrow. "Because we don't worry about him anymore! We don't have to stress about him finding Blaze or anything stupid like that!" Then she started screaming of laughter, Kelly joined in. They were free of Grant!