Chapter 46

There was chatter early in the morning. Eseul heard snippets of people conversing; a young girl had found their camp, and it was a miracle she hadn't died on the way.

The girl abruptly jumped out of bed when she finally awoke.

"They need help!" she repeated. "They're trying to breed us with those.... " she shut her eyes closed as if to erase a traumatic memory. "My friends are still trapped there," she said urgently.

No one at camp knew what she was talking about.

"We have to go now. Please, help. They might not have much time left."

                                                                              ...........

Her name was Calye.

After much inquiry and investigation, the people at the camp learned that there were such breeding experiments where human girls were being forcibly interbred with water beings.

Artyle and the others suspected Rogel to be the mastermind behind such experiments, and if they were right, then several things would be true: Rogel was able to capture and somehow control these water beings, and with high probability, other beings as well.

Rogel was attempting to create another type of being that was both human and other, and it wasn't difficult to guess for what purpose.

The battle between Jeno and Rogel was nearing, and Rogel would most likely employ these new creatures. If Rogel succeeded, Eseul wondered if it was really possible to defeat him.