2

5 Years Earlier

"So what's the deal with you guys now?" Summer asked across the dinner table. The restaurant wasn't overly busy tonight and conversation was at a normal level. Cal was seated beside her and Mark and Judith across from them. Judith blushed and looked back at her empty plate.
"What's the story with you guys?" Mark smiled back, deflecting.
"Ah come on, you know what I mean." Summer laughed frustrated at having to dig deeper. "How long you guys been goin out now? Surely you are ready for the next step?"
"And what would that be?" Mark held her eye amused.
"I dunno, a ring, a family, even moving in together?"
Judith's eyes came up at the end of her sentence, and summer caught it and raised her eyebrows.
"Well... We have been talking about moving in together." Judith said.
"Ha! What did I tell you." Summer slapped Cal on the arm in delight.
"Well it's not set in stone yet, we've only just started talking about it." Mark cut in.
"Still though, that's really exciting." Summer smiled.
"You know, my cousin is almost finished revamping an old house. I could give him a call if you want?" Cal said.
"Summer!" Judith scowled.
"What?" She replied shocked. "I swear! I knew nothing of it."
"Sure..." Judith shook her head and then looked at Mark. "What do you think?"
"I suppose we could have a look."
Judith smiled back at him and took his hand.
"I'll be back in a second then." Cal walked away from the table and pulled his phone out of his pocket.
"I'm so excited for you guys." Summer beamed across the table. "And honestly, I knew nothing of that house. I just wanted to give you guys a little nudge."
Cal came back to the table and sat down. "He said there were people enquiring about it but you guys will get first refusal. He's available tomorrow evening if you want to go look at it?"
Judith looked up at Mark and squeezed his hand a little.
"Sure," Mark said. Tell him we'll be there.