4

The stairs looked like they were set unusually in the hallway. They were set to the right hand side of the wall with a cupboard to the left of them. After four steps they turned to the left where to more steps waited, then they turned again revealing four more steps and the landing above.

"They are a little tricky," Jason said, "but you soon get used to them.

The landing split left and right. Jason took them to the left and pushed open a door after a few steps. It opened out into a large bedroom spaning the width of the house made cosy with the sloping of the roof on either side.

"I know it looks a little tight to the sides but that shouldn't be much of an issue." Jason didn't look at them as he said it instead he stepped further into the room and spread his arms out slightly and turned around.

Mark knew what he was doing and reached up and touched the ceiling without fully straighting his arm as Judith veered of to the window arch cut into roof looking out over the front of the house. "What about insulation?" Mark asked as Jason eyes fell on his raised arm.

"Fully insulated!" he replied instantly. "The whole house is. Believe me I lived in a house before the the barest of insulation and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. And it's all new insulation! The roof is packed and I had the walls pumped. You shouldn't have a problem with heat here."

Judith stepped back from the window and walked to the other side of the room where there was a slanted window on the roof and peered though it.

"There's a small bathroom up here, but it's quite tight." Jason said wallking back into the landing.

"Judith, come on." Mark smiled at her as she turned, and reached out his hand. She took it and they followed.

The bathroom was directly across from the stairs. It was  tiny with a small shower in one corner but it was sufficent for their needs. Jason told them it was the best he could do given what he had to work with then led them towards the two remaining bedrooms. They were directly across from each other and the landing ran on to the end of the house and there was a window set in the wall to let in some nautral light.

"These rooms aren't as big as the other end of the house, but you get two medium size rooms." 

Jason opened the door on the left and stepped back to let the enter. Judith walked in and immediatly her hands came out of her coat and she opened her palms up to the floor, as if she sensed something. Mark stood outside looking in at her wondering what she was doing.

"Anyway, I'll let you guys look around on your own. I need to make a phonecall. I'll be in the van around back if you need anything."

"No problem, thank you!" Mark said as Jason headed off towards the stairs.