Chap 1 "Decision To Leave"

Jae's POV

I was sitting on Noah's room and he was just looking at me. "What, Noah?" I asked.

"You're beautiful," Noah stated.

"Stop," I smiled. Noah and I just had that relationship since we were young. I grabbed my phone. "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Noah asked.

"Colby's room," I pointed. "There's five of you and I have to try and spend time with all of you." Noah sighed. "Hey, your parents took me in. I didn't ask them to."

"Do you have plans tonight?" Noah asked.

"Yeah, I'm helping Noelle with her dance routine," I replied. "Uhm, you can have me at dinner time."

"We all eat dinner together," Noah stated as I opened the door to his bedroom. "I feel we don't have as much time as we used to."

"Who's decision was it to become a rising country star?"

"Mine..."

"Exactly, but you can sit next to me at dinner," I stated. I went up to Colby's room and plopped on his bed. "Ugh."

"Someone isn't happy," Colby replied. "What's wrong?"

"You think I'm going to tell you just because the two of us aren't really related to the Schnacky family?" I asked. He came over and sat on the bed. Colby and I are the best of friends. We were both basically adopted into the family. Colby was Noah's best friend before he was adopted in. Colby and I, we tell each other our deepest darkest secrets. Something I can't do with the rest of the family. "How am I suppose to tell the family I grew up with that I'm leaving?"

"There's no easy way," Colby nodded. I groaned again. "Why can't you talk to Noah about this stuff?"

"Because he'll find a way to make me stay," I replied. "Noah likes me, Colby. Like more than a friend." I sat up and looked at him. "All I have to do is look right in his eyes. If he says he words, I stay."

"Why are you so adamant on leaving?" Colby asked. "I thought you wanted to go on tour with Noah."

"I do," I sighed. "But that was before I was emancipated."

"Now you're free," Colby nodded. "You were emancipated a couple weeks ago. Why didn't you leave?"

"I didn't have a plan and I didn't plan on leaving," I replied. I sat next to Colby and he put his arm around me. "The reason why I ask you guys to not tag me in videos, it's because I don't want the fans harassing me." I looked at Colby. "You had to turn off your notifications because of it. I, personally, don't like being the center of attention."

"Can I ask for one more day?" Colby asked. I looked at him. "One more day, that's all I ask for. I'm not about to let you leave tonight and we don't have our day of fun tomorrow."

"Colby," I stated.

"Come on. I'll take you out for a sunset picnic on the lake," Colby stated. "Then, I will help you tell the family that you're leaving."

"What's in it for you?" I asked.

"As your brother, I ask that you text me at least three times a day that you're okay," Colby replied.

"Once a day," I pointed.

"Okay, once a day," Colby put his hands up. "But it has to be on the dot. Not a minute before, not a minute after. If that happens, I know something's wrong."

"Deal," I sighed. Dinner came and Mom has made my favorite meal. "Mom, what made you want to cook chicken spaghetti, vegetable soup, and grilled cheese sandwiches?"