Chap 4 "Respect"

Jae's POV

My family left the park. "Now you guys are on my brother's radar," I looked at them.

"What did we do?" Rome asked.

"They see Deckard as someone who's high class, just because of the way he's dressed," I replied. "They don't see anything wrong with me because I grew up with them, but with the way you guys dress, my brother is gonna keep an even closer eye on me."

"Is that such a bad thing?" Brian asked. "Your older brothers are just looking out for you."

"They don't know what I do," I stated. "They don't know what we do."

"So everything you did on that stage was just an act?" Letty asked.

"And a solid one too," I nodded. "Only because I never tell my family no." I held Deckard's hand. "I love my family, but if they found out what I actually do for a living, I'd lose them. I can't afford to lose the one family that's done so much for me." He squeezed my hand. "And my family are coming to London next summer to spend time with me."

"Is that why our home office is on a Maltese cross?" Deckard asked.

"Yeah, meaning that home office, will be a design studio while they're there," I replied. "We'd still the the basic work load, computer tech, your jobs, but it'll have to be a bit more discreet with my family there." We spent the whole afternoon at Magic Kingdom until about 6 that evening. "Okay, I have to run. I gotta get back home or my brothers will come looking for me. You can do what you want. If you need me, you know where to find me."

"You got it," Luke nodded.

"Deck, can you drive me home?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's get going," Deckard replied. We left the park and he started driving. "You got something on your mind, sweetheart?"

"When I introduced you to my family, you cut me off and said business partner," I looked at him. "Why wouldn't you let me introduce you as my boyfriend?"

"I'm not about to let your parents judge me just yet," Deckard stated as he pulled up in front of my house. "Considering what your brothers think of our crew, I was right."

"Okay, look, they're a good Christian family and only wants what's best for me," I stated. I sighed. I gave Deckard a kiss and got out of the car. "Don't leave until I make it inside?"

"I won't leave until the door is closed," Deckard smiled.

"Okay," I replied. I walked up to my front door and got out my keys. I opened the front door and my mom was walking down the stairs. "Hey Mom."

"Who brought you home?" Mom asked.

"Oh, Deckard," I stated.

"Why don't you invite him in for dinner?" Mom asked. "I'm sure he could used a home cooked meal."

"Oh, okay," I replied. I turned around and motioned Deckard to come in. He parked the car in the driveway and made his way inside. I closed the door. "Mom invites you to dinner."

"First meeting and I'm already dining with the family," Deckard stated. "Great."

"I'm sorry," I stated. We walked into the dining room and Noah was setting the table. "Do you need help setting the table?"

"I can do it myself," Noah stated as he saw Deckard. "I'm sure Mom and Dad could use some help in the kitchen."

"I'll go help your parents," Deckard replied as he disappeared into the kitchen.

"Noah," I glared at him.

"What?" Noah asked.

"Do you really have to be such a dick to him?" I asked. "He's my business partner."