Chap 5 "For You"

Noah's POV

I was in my room with a cup of coffee while writing out some lyrics and stunning a couple chords on the guitar. "It doesn't run together," I nodded. I scribbled out what I wrote. "I could've said I love you. Something has to go on the end of that."

"Brainstorming?" asked a voice from the door. I looked at who it was, and it was Jae. "It sounds great."

"It's missing something," I replied. Jae came over and sat next to me. She looked at the music sheet. "I can't quite put my finger on it."

"Put the word everyday at the end of that phrase," Jae replied. I did. "Now it sounds right."

"When are you headed back to London?"

"I'm not."

"What about Deckard?"

"We broke up," Jae shrugged. "No guy is worth fighting for if it hurts my family."

"But your business."

"Shut down," Jae nodded. "Noah, all of that is completely irrelevant if I don't have the full support of my family."

"We support you for your business, just your taste in guys is a bit iffy," I looked at her. "I mean, the guy looked as old as Dad."

"He probably was," Jae replied. "But it doesn't matter because I'll drop any guy if it gets between me and my family."

"Mom and Dad always thought you and Colby would've gotten together."

"No," Jae nodded. "I feel Colby's more of a brother to me." She looked at the music. "What's all of this?"

"Music."

"For?"

"I'm planning on releasing two songs soon."

"You've got one done, right?"

"Yeah," I stated.

"So that means there's gonna be a release party and then a concert," Jae looked at me.

"Actually, I want you to sit out of this concert, Jae. I love you, but this is something different."

"But we always sing together."

"Jae, this is something for you," I smiled. I knelt down in front of her. "These songs I'm writing are for you. That's why I want you to sit this concert out."

"Okay," Jae nodded. "I hope they're good."

"I hope so too," I nodded. I eventually got the songs done six months later and I held a small concert at Disney Springs. I sang the first three songs I had released and then I looked at the crowd I drew. "Thank you guys for being here with me today." Jae smiled at me. "I just released two new songs and those are the last two I am going to sing for you guys today." I put a stool next to me. "But first, I would like Jae Finley to join me up here." Jae walked up to me and I sat her on the stool. "It was only right to sing the songs to you since I wrote them for you."

"Noah," Jae smiled. I winked at her as the music started. "I love you."

"I been checking every small town, baby. I been looking for your face in every corner of this whole world, lately, hopping on and off of planes," I sang. "It was all a dream, but now it's gone, and I can't help but think, think back on that night that I, woke up reaching out for you." Jae smiled at me. "Where'd you go? Where'd you go? Baby, I just gotta know. You and I got so close. Now, you're gone, you left me cold. Where'd you go? Where'd you go?" I held her hand. "I had so much more to show you, oh yeah. So much more I had to say. Now, I'm lying here alone in my bed. Guess we're gonna have to wait." She nodded at me. "Could've shown you Paris in the rain. I could've said I love you, whoa, every day." I pointed at her face. "Ooh, your eyes, your lips, I remember everything. Was it only in my brain? Was it only in my brain? Where'd you go? Where'd you go?" I pulled her off the stool. "Baby, I just gotta know. You and I got so close. Now, you're gone, you left me cold." I spun her around. "Where'd you go? Where'd you go?" I sat her back down. "Baby, I, I don't wanna find another love to wake me up. Baby, I, any other girl won't be enough to fill me up. Baby, I. Baby, I gotta know, gotta know. Yeah-yeah, yeah." I hugged Jae and she just nodded. "Where'd you go? Where'd you go? Baby, I just gotta know. You and I got so close. Now, you're gone, you left me cold. Where'd you go? Where'd you go?" I looked at her. "Where'd you go? Where'd you go? Where'd you go? Where'd you go? Where'd you go? Where'd you go?" The song faded out and everyone clapped. Jae clapped along with them. "That was the single off my Comeback EP. This next song is called Comeback and I hope you enjoy it."