Chap 2 "Boss Woman"

Shaw's POV

Four years later, Jae is still by my side and is now working with me. As soon as she turned nineteen, I figured I'd make our relationship official. I was in LA with a car crew that Hobbs has me working with. "So, what exactly are we doing?" I asked.

"You scared, Shaw?" Dom asked.

"I got reports to deliver," I stated. "I ain't trying to mess up any details."

"To who?" Dom asked. "The only people who should know is in this room."

"Not necessarily," I pointed.

"Who are we missing?" Hobbs asked.

"You're looking at her," Jae stated as she walked in.

"Well, hello, Miss America," Rome smiled.

"Actually, I won Miss Florida when I was sixteen," Jae replied. "But thanks for saying I'm beautiful enough to win Miss America."

"Who's she?" Hobbs pointed at her.

"Jaelyn Finley," Jae stated.

"With the way she talks and walks, she's gotta be who Shaw works for," Brian crossed his arms.

"I'm who he works with," Jae stood next to me. "There's a difference." She looked dead at them. "How do you think he was able to be two steps ahead of you two years ago?"

"She's the mastermind behind your plans?" Tej asked.

"Do you have a problem with that?" Jae asked. He looked at her. "If you do, you gotta go through Shaw."

"Why does everything have to go through him?" Dom asked.

"Because you don't want to get in a fight with me," Jae replied. "Besides, Deck's the one with the most combat experience. Isn't that right, babe?"

"Babe?" Rome asked. "She's also dating the dude."

"She could've done worse," I stated. "So, what is our plan of attack here?"

"We have a plan," Hobbs replied. "We attack."

"You guys have to come up with something more strategic than that," Jae crossed her arms. "They're always going to be ready for an attack."

"How old are you?" Brian asked.

"Twenty one," Jae stated. Her phone vibrated and she looked at it. "Another performance."

"Where?" I asked.

"Disney, Orlando, Florida," Jae replied. "Four days."

"Go, be with your family," I nodded. "We got it here."

"You'll be there?"

"Promise," I replied. Jae smiled and left. "So, we going to finish this in four days?"