❀ 01『first snow』

『o n e』

『o n e』

The first snow in winter is always beautiful but by the next morning, it's gone.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

TRIGGER WARNING
CONTAINS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SUICIDAL THOUGHTS.

Please do not read this story if this affects you in any way.

THEY FELL TO THE GROUND LIKE SNOWFLAKES. Gently fluttering down onto that hard concrete. Except they didn't melt away, they stayed there as the girl burned that beautiful image into her mind.

(y/n) didn't expect this to happen. Why to her out of all people? They had only engaged in conversation a few times and it was only out of sympathy. She knew she had no chance. She knew.

So why did she end up feeling this way?

She didn't know how to react when their eyes met. So she ran. Leaving the snowflakes behind as she tried to get away from him. She didn't want to see him right now, not in the state she was in.

Slamming the washroom door behind her, she ran over to the sink feeling another urge to cough up those pale blue and white petals. She told herself not to fall for him every day however it seemed that she had succumbed to her uncontrollable feelings.

(y/n) glared at herself through the mirror. She didn't want to fall in love. To her, love was fake. Unreal. A waste of time. She saw what happened to her mother and she didn't want that same future.

But it was too late.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Her mother was a kind and beautiful woman and (y/n) took after her. She used to always style (y/n)'s hair in the morning while singing her favourite song. But then everything fell to pieces when her father lost his job.

They would have been alright if he had simply found employment elsewhere but instead he fell into a gambling habit. He kept losing money and then eventually started to drink more and more and more. (y/n)'s mother ended up taking extra shifts to make up for the lost cash, and when she got home late at night the two would argue for hours.

The yelling. The thuds. The screams.

(y/n) couldn't handle what occurred every night so she'd often curl up in her covers and let out muffled sobs. After it had all finished, (y/n)'s mother would always come into her room to stroke (y/n)'s hair while singing that song again. With this (y/n) managed to peacefully fall asleep with a small smile on her face.

These moments all ended the winter when (y/n) was 12. She returned home from school one day to see her mother covered in blood, not moving. No matter how many times (y/n) screamed her name, she wouldn't wake up.

A strong impact on her stomach caused (y/n)'s cries to be cut off. Gazing up, (y/n) saw her father glaring down at her. Clearly drunk and enraged, he picked her up by the collar and hissed in her ear.

"When we got home, we saw a stranger escape after stabbing her. Got it?"

(y/n) knew at this moment that there had been no stranger. She was intelligent enough to know that her father was the cause of all this. But petrified, she kept her mouth shut when the police came. Simply nodding in agreement when they asked about the "Stranger."

Her days after this were bleak, grey like the winter sky.

She had no one.

No one to smile at her. No one to praise her. No one to play with her hair every morning. No one to sing for her when she was down. She was alone. Alone with the abusive man.

He kept her in check to ensure she wouldn't breathe a word about what happened on that day. Her skin would be tainted with a new bruise daily.

(y/n) didn't know what to do. She was too afraid to report to the police. Too afraid to fight back. Too afraid to run. And so she was left having to survive in that place called home as months passed.

When (y/n) walked home from school one day, she had taken her daily detour through the park to prolong the time she wasn't trapped in that place. As she sat on the park bench, sadly humming her mother's song to herself, a boy approached her.

It was quite a random action. He raised his hand to her bruised cheek leaving the girl confused until it made contact. Once his palm touched her skin, she felt the pain numb and instantly felt a little bit better.

She gazed up at the boy, his heterochromatic eyes melting into her (e/c) ones. His hair was also split into two different colours, leaving (y/n) mesmerised at his beauty. She had never seen someone so beautiful in her lifetime. This was also the first act of kindness she had been given since her mother had passed and (y/n) had almost cried at the act.

He didn't say a word to her and after a moment he turned to leave. As if on impulse, (y/n) leapt up and called out to him.

"What's your name?"

Her voice seemed to echo throughout the air a few times before he replied. A bright smile appeared on her face when she heard him speak but with that, he left and she had to return home.

That was the day (y/n) met Todoroki Shouto.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Meeting you was both a blessing and a curse