❀ 03 『sun-kissed』

『t h r e e』

『t h r e e』

The summer sun is so warm... But once it sets, I have to return to that cold place.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

HER THROAT FELT AS HOT AS THE SUMMER SUN. She didn't want to accept these feelings but the idea of the surgery sickened her. Without them, she would become an empty shell. Her life had brightened since meeting that boy and she didn't want to taint it. But the consequence of this disease was severe.

Death.

Dying because of love. Similar to her mother, (y/n) thought, but just many times more peaceful. If it meant escaping her torturous every day, maybe she didn't mind succumbing to her love for him.

Todoroki wasn't like her father. He was a kind person even if it didn't show on his face. So if it was him, maybe falling for him would be okay. Either way, she wouldn't have a bright future so she decided that the path of acceptance was the best one.

Days continued to pass, and (y/n) continued to sit on that same bench. Todoroki didn't approach her anymore, he took her words to heart and left her alone. (y/n) knew this was her doing. She knew that it was better this way. But those petals kept arising into her throat. Holding them in until Todoroki wasn't in sight, she then coughed them all out.

Today was different, however. Today those snow-like petals had been stained red. This confirmed (y/n)'s suspicion of the disease worsening. But what could she do to stop it? It was suffocating and painful but it was nothing compared to the pain she's constantly faced for three years of her life.

For Todoroki, checking on (y/n) from afar became a habit. Concerned about her injuries and her worsening emotional state. He knew he couldn't just leave her but he didn't know what to do. She had told him to leave her alone but he couldn't just leave her any longer.

When he saw he walk in a different direction to the park or her home one day, he decided to follow her. He didn't want to seem suspicious but he was genuinely curious to know what she was up to.

She gazed down at the ocean, stained grey by the clouds, roughly 350ft down from her. The sound of the lapping waves could just be heard over the howling of the wind. The cold bit at her exposed skin but she paid no mind to it, all her attention was on down below, another step and she would fall to be engulfed by that silver sea. Her (h/c) hair fluttered back with the wind revealing her tear-stained face.

Just another step.

"What are you doing?"