❀ 02 『blooming emotions』

『t w o』

『t w o』

The blooming blossoms of spring symbolise new beginnings. But everything will eventually to come to an end.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

A SAD SMILE BLOOMED ON (Y/N)'S LIPS as the thought of not seeing Todoroki again emerged in her mind. Perhaps she may see him again if she kept going to that same park.

And so she did.

Every day until the sun began to set, she'd sit on the bench humming. It wasn't until a few days later when she saw him again.

Todoroki was walking down the path across the street with a few other friends in the same uniform. (y/n) recognised that clothing. Who wouldn't? It belonged to the prestigious U.A high school after all.

She panicked a little when he noticed her. The last thing she expected was for him to start making his way over to her. She uncomfortably shifted in her seat while waiting.

"You have another one," He mentioned as he put his hand onto a new bruise on her opposite cheek to last time.

"U-um," (y/n) stuttered, becoming flustered from his actions.

"Who's this Todoroki?" Another voice joined them and (y/n) set her eyes on the green-haired boy.

"I don't know." Todoroki bluntly replied causing a weird look to appear on the friend's face.

"I see..." He spoke as he studied (y/n).

"Do you go to a hero school? Were you training? Is that why you're so injured?" The broccoli boy bombarded her with questions as another girl caught up to them.

"I... I don't... My quirk isn't suited for that..." (y/n) sadly replied, gazing down at her feet.

"Then how are you always so injured?" Todoroki questioned as he lifted his hand away.

"Um..." (y/n) started, darting her eyes around, looking anywhere but at the small group. "I h-have to go!"

With that, she jumped up and hurried off leaving the three behind confused.

"She didn't look okay..." Midoriya worriedly spoke up. (y/n)'s frightened eyes reminded him of the look Eri had when he first bumped into her.

Todoroki sent one last look at the disappearing figure of (y/n) before glancing back at Midoriya.

"Let's follow her!" Midoriya declared, Todoroki and Ochako looking at him in concern.

"Is this really okay to do Deku?" Ochako panicked as they began running in the direction (y/n) went.

Midoriya gritted his teeth, still regretting leaving the small girl with Chisaki that day.

The scenery had changed into an old, silent street when the three students set their eyes on the battered girl. It was already evening yet only a few streetlights lit that dim road. The house (y/n) was walking towards was not well taken care of either. The paint was chipping and the front lawn was like a jungle of weeds.

They all hid behind a corner when they saw (y/n) stop in front of that tattered house. It took her a few minutes to place a hand on the doorknob. She had just stood there, fists clenched as she glared at the ground. And none of them missed the fear in that girl's eyes when she creaked open the door. Ochako was about to speak when they heard shouting and loud noises coming from that home.

Not saying a word, they all looked at each other with wide eyes. Todoroki began to make his way over when Ochako grabbed his arm.

"Let's call Aizawa first," She told him, trying to convince that this wasn't a job for them. Of course, she was worried, however, it felt like it wasn't their business to just barge in there.

After 20 minutes, the shouting had stopped and shortly after Aizawa along with some of the police arrived. (y/n)'s expression was a horrified one when she opened the door to see them, but she quickly hid it with a smile. Her dad then emerged behind her and he quickly laughed off their accusations, (y/n) also lightly laughing and dismissing it as just a fight and that she was training earlier.

As fake as the situation seemed, the police believed it and left them alone. Scolding the three students for calling them without proper confirmation. Todoroki felt enraged at this but as there was no proof, the case was simply closed.

That night, (y/n) faced hell again. This time was worse than normal as she was accused of calling the police. No matter how many times she declined it, it was no use. He didn't believe her.

(y/n) cursed herself for appearing weak in front of Todoroki and his friends. They were the only ones who could have called the cops and because of that, she was suffering even more. She didn't blame them though.

Only herself.

When Todoroki saw (y/n) the next day, he knew they had made the wrong decision.

Her (h/c) hair, a tangled mess, framed her drained face. Blood was leaking through her clothes and she didn't bother to hide them. Her frail body stayed still like it would shatter to pieces if she tried to move even an inch.

"Don't waste your time worrying," (y/n) snapped when he came over.

"Just leave me alone."

He was distraught. She looked so broken despite trying to act strong. Before leaving he made her a flower out of ice and left it in her hands. And after that simple action, he left.

Looking down at the intricate sculpture, (y/n) felt warm tears well up. It was if deep down something inside her had been unlocked by Todoroki's actions.

She didn't want this. She didn't want these fake feelings. Love wasn't possible for someone like her. The fluttering inside her made her want to vomit it all out. And she did.

Falling to the ground like snowflakes, the pale blue petals made their appearance.

That beautiful sight broke her.

The moment she fell in love, she realised it was meaningless. So she was left with yet another burden.

The Hanahaki disease.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Why is am I always the one suffering?