Back to Normal?

Peoples thoughts
Flash back

Using his wrench, Beck starts to rummage under the light cycle easily fixing the issue with record timing and skilled hands. Hearing the comforting noise of his friends Mara and Zed above him and the distance clatter of the other mechanics, Beck thinks back to both of his encounters with Tron's first protégé: Cyrus

(Beck pov)

"We're more alike than you think Beck" Trying not to fall off the device that could destroy the Grid, a surge of anger filled my coding as I fight the maniac who started this in the first place. Thinking back to the image of Tron, the face that gave me the strength to escape my chains and gave me the opportunity to help the programs of Argon City, I decide it's time to put an end to this madness.

I feel a slight smirk appear on my face as we clash together, both struggling for the upperhand "Your right fate did bring us together, so I could stop you" hearing a grunt from the other program I quickly move dodging a disk to the head while kicking Cyrus in the chest I feel my self start to fall.

Grabbing a groove on the floating device I watch as a coded figure appears coming closer and closer to my hanging form ready to derezz me at a moment's notice. "Let this be the end of the Renegade spirit once and for all Beck" Feeling the ball start to fall from our battle moment's before I know I must act quickly. "It is for you,but not for me!" Jumping for my life I hit the harsh ground rolling a couple of times. Coming to a stop I pear over the edge of the mound to see a black void, the same one that trapped Cyrus for all those cycles, only now it lies shattered at the bottom of the empty pit.

Knowing I almost lost my life that day I start to think about how close Zed and Mara were to getting blown up, fully knowing that maybe if I told Tron about Cyrus as soon as I got back to the base they wouldn't of been in that situation in the first place, looking at their smiling faces echos fill my mind "Your too predictable Beck, choosing him over your friends".... "You can't really think Beck's better than me Tron, look at him, he's pathetic".... Maybe I am?

(Third pov)

The thing that brought Beck out of his troubling thoughts was a hand waving infront of his face, because of his training Beck grabs the hand and flips the program to the floor before realising who or what had happened. "Beck, it's me Zed, let go!" Slightly panicked the taller program realises his friend "Zed I'm sorry I didn't see you, are you alright, did I hurt you?" Confused glances cross the friends faces as Becks looks around remembering that he's in the Garage doing a double shift as payment to Able for his help in stopping the bombs from killing his friends.

Looking back to Mara and Zed, Beck waits for a reply " I'm fine Beck, you just kinda froze for a little bit are you sure your ok? " Smirking at his friends concern the program in question goes to reply before his blue-haired friend interrupts "Don't try to lie to us Beck, you worry us sometimes always disappearing for Cycles without a word or explanation, now what were you thinking of!" Rubbing the back of his head he sighed, Beck knew he couldn't distract Mara as well as he could Zed.

Stuck with trying to think of an excuse to explain his absence Beck knew he was in a sticky situation, lucky for him however, fate had other plans in the form of a program called Able "Beck get over here, I need your help with this Light Cycle" Seeing the annoyed expressions of his friends Beck let a quick chuckle escape his lips while giving Zed a pat on the back, moving past his friends the program calls from behind, "Sorry guys, maybe next time?" Hearing the grumbles of Zed and seeing the complicated look on Mara's face, Beck makes his way across the garage to help Able out.

(Tron's pov)

Entering the healing chamber I take a deep breath and close my eyes, sighing with relief as it starts to repair my broken coding, as the device works its magic I think back to the problem at hand: Beck meeting Cyrus.

'I should of know something was wrong the moment Beck started asking me about him being the first Renegade' Though Tron knew it was troubling that Cyrus had escaped his black void, he was more concerned about the imprinted coding that appeared on Becks wrist. The program refused to go into detail about what happened with the dooms day device.

Starting to feel better Tron exits the chamber and glides across the room towards a holographic screen, sliding to the correct plans Tron thinks back to the last time Beck came to the base:

Looking out the window Tron could hear the familiar thuds of his protégé, turning to see the young program Tron decides to get straight to the point. "It has come to my attention Beck that with all of General Teslers curfews and monitoring checks, it would be wise to separate your renegade memories from your day to day ones to minimize the risk of getting caught."

Allowing a moment to pass the older mentor feels a slight smirk appear on his face as he watches Beck trying to understand how that could possible work. "How can you do that Tron, our disks are what holds our memories where else would we put them." Admiring the smarts of the young program Tron walks closer while holding out his hand. Beck realising he wants his disk, hands it over admiring the white disk attached that gives him his Tron suit. "Currently you can't remove your memories from your disk, unless you go on black markets. However, with a bit of tinkering I've managed to separate Renegade's and Beck's memories onto the two separate disks" Taking the two disks apart Tron puts them into a box and starts to add the extra coding he's been working on.

Once completed Tron removes Beck's disk from the box and goes to his memory files checking through the cycles for any mention of himself or the missions Beck has been on. There was nothing of importance.Handing back the disk to the program Tron continues"Now that risk has been dealt with, I'm going to need my suit disk back for a couple of cycles" seeing the look of protest on his protègè face Tron continues his explanation.

"I need to examine if you still remeber everything you do as Tron Beck." holding the white disk up as confirmation Tron looks over. Sighing in slight confusing Beck puts his disk onto his back thinking for a second before replying "I still remember everything Tron, thanks for sorting this out. How long will this experiment last?"

Nodding in understanding Tron finishes putting his disk back into the box for examining later before turning around. "It'll be for a couple of cycles Beck, but if things start to go south, you need to come back here immediately so we can reverse the coding, now don't you have double shift at the Garage for Able you need to be attending" Smiling, Tron chuckles at the mumbling program running towards the exit...

Letting the memory fade Tron walks past his disk towards the observation window staring at the dark sky of the grid 'Be safe Beck, I feel hard times are ahead.....'