Zeke's First Christmas

Almost put up a spoiler of this lovely story, but I couldn't do it bc then it would ruin the ending. Hopefully, you guys enjoy this one! It made me teary eyed so I hope it does the same to you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nico, what are you doing?" The gentle silky voice circled him as cold hands reached for the lean boy up on the ladder.

Used to Zeke's cold touch, Nico happily embraces the handsome man by jumping off the ladder and into his long arms.

"Don't do that. You'll break one of your precious bones." Zeke warned.

"But you're always here to catch me." Nico smiled.

The man shook his head. "What are you doing anyways?"

"Haven't you gotten a clue yet?"

"No."

Nico shook his head in shame. "Well you'll just have to wait and see."

"Nico." Zeke frowned. "If its some kind of party you're planning, you know I do not like the idea, especially with people around. I've told you many times, they are annoying and if someone were to get hurt, their blood will-"

"-arouse you, whether you want it to or not. I know and you don't have to worry. No outside people will be joining in. Household only."

"Then tell me what you're doing."

Nico sighed. "Like I said, wait and see. It's not like I'm hanging these glittery things for nothing. I'm still surprised that you've never celebrated the holidays."

Looking at his fingers as if it was interesting, Zeke replies, "well, I was turned around the age 5, so I can't help that holidays were never an interest, other than blood."

"Well go somewhere else if you're not interested in helping. You're taking up too much of my time." Nico said, climbing the ladder again.

"But I like taking up your time." Zeke frowned.

"Go before I call for Mr. Miso." Nico threatened, making Zeke huff and finally sulk away. 

For hours, Zeke stayed in his office doing paperwork for his "human" job. During the day, he was an office man, constantly making deals, trades, and co-oping with other businesses, while during the night, he got to spend his time at home, away from humans. Its weird for a vampire to get tired of humans, but Zeke was a particular one and he indeed got tired of them. All they caused was war, drama, and pollution. Too much trouble that he wishes to kill them all, but not until Nico came along. Nico was a poor boy that he had picked up a few months ago when some molester had beaten him close to death and was about to rape him in an alleyway (terrible isn't it?). Killing the disgusting creature, Zeke took Nico under his wing and cared for him until he got better.

Then after a month, when Nico stopped being so scared of him, Nico found out his secret. Nico wasn't as surprised as he had thought he would be. He was more curious and amazed, actually.  Although Zeke hated humans, he didn't seem to mind Nico's presence. Nico's presence was actually refreshing and weirdly, he seemed to enjoy it. Nico was kind, caring, and very loving, especially towards his cat, Mint.

After working for 8 hours straight, the man stretched his aching muscles. Leaning back in his seat, he thought of inviting a lover over.

Maybe it's not a good idea. Nico would probably think I'm some kind of man-whore or something. Then he sat up and wondered, why would I care about what Nico thinks? This is my house. I can invite whoever I want!

Instantly, he leaves his office.

"It is very late at night sire. Will you be making business tonight?" Mr. Miso, the head butler said.