AFTERMATH

TYLERS POV

shit. shit shit. why did i kiss her? that should not have happened. jimmy got here with a bag of popcorn. i hate him. how's not the time.

"yooo so something happened hmmm i remember telling my boy earlier that i think it's a bad idea to take his friend to this place and i think i was right."

"bro now is not the time. seriously dude. i fucked up big time."

"how bad?"

"bad dude bad."

"what'd you do?"

"we made out for a long time and i was so close to literally trying to sleep with her." jimmy just laughed and held out his hand for a high five. i flipped him off.

"now's not the time for that i'm serious dude i don't know what to do."

"it's not hard bro do you regret it?"

"well no."

"okay then easy. it wasn't a mistake you like her. what a waste of my time. where is she now?"

"i don't know she left. i hope she's okay."

CORALLINES POV

"oh my god aaniya i'm so screwed." i said putting my knees in my hand.

"girl what'd you do make out or something." she said laughing sitting on the couch.

i could tell i started blushing.

"my god you didn't." she said shocked.

"i diddd what do i do?"

"girl did you like it?"

"ummm yes."

"well you got to act like you didn't. i mean unless you want to ruin your friendship by dating." she said hugging me.

god she was making me feel even worse about this. was it a mistake? should i tell him it was or should i be honest? being honest would risk our friendship. i don't want to lose that.

it might already be too late. once you kiss your friend it moves beyond a friendship. now when we flirt it's going to be awkward and when i sleep in the same bed as him. fuck.

i'm fucked. big time. i wonder what he was thinking. did he like it? probably not. well... he seemed pretty into it. ugghhh shut the f up coralline.

"CORALLINE damn girl listen i've been given you the most bomb advice ever and you ain't even listen." she said to me.

"i'm sorry i'm just in shock. what should i do?"

"well first of all go back there tomorrow if you wait to long then you'll just make it more awkward."

"i-"
"second!! you act as calm and collected as possible."
"third you tell if how you don't want this to ruin your friendship."
"and lastly you make up. look cor y'all have been friends for like 8 years. i promise a stupid little kiss isn't going to ruin it."

"you're literally my savior a gift from god aaniya. i'm so glad i finally have a stable friendship with a girl whose not using me for tyler." i said as we sat on the couch.

"oh trust me girl i am." she joked and we busted out laughing.

"i mean honestly girl he's fine fine for a white man but i got my eyes set on some dark chocolate mr. jimmy butler." she said laughing.

we sat on the couch and talked for a bit of course she asked me about the details of the kiss. i guarantee whatever advice tyler got, if any, isn't as good as mine. i also don't think tyler probably thought about it as much.

i finally went to bed since i had class tomorrow and i knew i would be exhausted. of course i didn't sleep good so that just sucked. i was very tired the next day, but managed to make it through.

my workout today was way easier than yesterday probably thanks to the pool thing that i will absolutely never step foot in again. especially not with tyler.

i got back to the apartment and walked in. tyler was on the couch watching netflix and i decided to listen to aaniya's tips. stay calm. stay calm. don't fuck up. talk about our friendship.

"weneedtotalkaboutwhathappenedlastnight." i said really fast. shit so much for being calm. he started laughing at me and it made me laugh.

"i know we do need to talk." he said pausing the show. i can't believe he understood me. i sat on the opposite end of the couch as far away as possible and looked at him.

"i want to say for 1 our friendship is so important." he said.

"yes i was going to say that too and we don't want to ruin it. i think we should just act like this all never happened." i said looking at him then looking around the room.

"i don't know if i can do that." he said which gave me butterflies.

"why?"

"because we can't just make out then act like we didn't. i think we should just let this live on, and move on with our lives continuing our friendship." he said and he could tell i was confused.

"look at it this way. we kissed one time now we know that we aren't anything other than friends." he said that kinda hurt but he's right.

"okay yeah that sounds really smart. maybe don't take me back to that pool again and we probably shouldn't be alone together for too long for a while." i said standing up walking towards my room.

"just while this whole kiss thing blows over i'm sure it won't take long." i said before opening the door.

"oh and coralline."
"yeah?"
"i never took you as a top, but that's pretty hot if you ask me." he said laughing and my face turned so red.

i mean i couldn't see it but i could tell. i just flipped him off and closed my door. well this conversation helped him a lot and got me absolutely fucking no where.

honestly his last statement made me even more confused. shit this past few weeks has just been so different. like our friendship changed, but didn't you know what i mean?