Slow Dance (Chigasaki Itaru)

Itaru had his romantic side.

You knew how much he hated having to attend work events as it seriously cut into his gaming time, and you couldn't help but giggle when he disappeared into the bathroom for intervals of ten to fifteen minutes at a time. Anyone on the outside would assume that he had no interest in being around you and was making excuses to not spend his time alongside you but thankfully you knew your boyfriend better than that. You'd simply make conversation, be charming, and await his eventual return.

"Someone must be really close to beating you in that event if you keep going to check it so often," You teased, and Itaru smiled, shaking his head.

"I took care of it."

"So, if you're back on top, won't you give me one thing this evening...?"

"A dance?" He asked playfully, holding his hand out for you to take. "How could I ever turn down dancing with you?"

He's a natural gentleman as he whisked you off to the dancefloor at the center of the event hall, hands resting on your hips as your arms wrapped around his neck. Itaru had a certain intensity about him when you were up close and personal, something you could feel now as he looked in your eyes. You had to say you enjoyed being the center of his attention, also enjoying the fact there were co-workers of his jealously looking on as they wished they were the ones in his arms right now.

You couldn't blame them.

He was only prettier up close, he always smelled fresh (at least in business mode), it was a great honor to have his attention all on you. And you were the only one who got to have him like this, who got to see the way his eyes softened as he leaned closer and pressed a kiss to your forehead, who got to feel his hand squeeze yours as he leads you back to your table so that you could say your goodbyes and finally be done with this event. The little things with him could truly add up to an experience that was unmatched by any other romantic relationship you'd had in your life.

"We should dance more often," You stated as you were on your way home with him by your side, not perturbed at all to see his face was in his phone immediately, "You're surprisingly good at dancing and it's nice to have a partner who won't step all over me."

"Anything you want."

"Do you actually mean that or are you just trying to get me to shut up so you can play your game?"

"I've never done that to you," He muttered under his breath, his eyes not leaving his screen, "Hell yeah! That's what-"

You smiled even as you heard him continue to rant on, knowing you had an interesting life with Itaru to look forward to.