six

soulmate au: you and your soulmate share pain, so if you broke your arm, your soulmate would feel the pain from it, but they wouldn't get a broken arm.

Shiratorizawa was known for its 2 overwhelmingly good middle blockers from both the female and male volleyball teams. Y/N and Tendou were quite popular in the volleyball world for their exceptional skills in blocking, this on top of having Ushijima attend the school made Shiratorizawa and its players well known.

Because of this popularity, you got quite a few people claiming to be your soulmate, imitating your jammed and bruised fingers, almost every day. Having to deal with this all the time became quite the chore, and drained your excitement towards soulmates.

Soulmates weren't important to you anyway, you were focused on volleyball, and you were fairly sure you're real soulmate was to.

Your fingers were pretty badly messed up, but a bit of the injuries weren't from things you've done, so you figured your soulmate was also a middle blocker, which you found endearing.

One particular day in the cafeteria, you ran into Tendou Satori, your fellow middle blocker. The two of you had talked a couple of times, but you weren't exceptionally close, to your dismay.

You had always thought he was cute, and once you figured out your soulmate was a volleyball player as well, you hoped it was him. Although, you knew that was highly unrealistic. The amount of middle blockers in Japan just put the odds against you, a girl can dream though.

"HeyY/N!" The bubbly red head called to you, waving you over to his table.

"Hi Tendou, how are you?" you asked, sitting down in the seat across from him.

The boy went into a long rant about how his favorite character in a manga recently died, but you weren't really paying attention. Until you saw his hands that is. You saw the unruly amount of bandages on his fingers and couldn't help but laugh.

"Are you laughing at me?" Tendou's voice sounded dejected, making your heart drop.

"No! No! Not at all! I just noticed your bandages and thought it was funny." You told him, pointing at the white wrapped around his fingers.

"What's funny about my bandages?" He asked as he examined his hands.

You put your hands out in front of you, showing him your equally bruised and messed up fingers.

"I thought it was funny that both of our fingers are so messed up." You explained.

He let out a sigh of relief, which turned into a laugh.

"Yea! I feel really bad for my soulmate, having to deal with this sucks!" He said between laughs.

"Yes, definitely!" You agreed with the boy, pulling your hands away from the middle of the table.

Before your conversation could continue, you heard the bell ring, indicating the end of your lunch break.

"Bye Tendou! See you at my game with the rest of the boys team?" You asked him, wondering if he was going to be with the others on the boys team when they had planned to watch the female team play.

"Of course! Wouldn't miss it for the world!"

-time skip-

The day of your game was stressful, they always are. You never know what your soulmate could do to hurt your fingers, and you really needed those in a game. Even though this was just a practice match, you still needed to win. Your pride wouldn't let you lose, ever.

Maybe that's why you were so distracted in the game. You were so focused on winning, you didn't notice just how hard the ball coming right at you was, and how your fingers weren't ready for the impact.

The lack of focus resulted in your fingers being pushed back far to much, and you on your knees, clutching them to your chest. You let out a shriek, and your teammates were crowding around you to help. Since there was such a large crowd around you, the scream of pain let out in the stands just as your fingers were pushed back was inaudible to your ears.

You were sent to the nurse, hoping she was still here, alone. Tendou followed you, knowing that he needed to talk to you. He was lucky though, since soulmates only feel the pain he didn't need his fingers looked at (however, some pain meds would be nice).

Once you saw that the nurses office was empty, you sighed and turned around to walk out, but got scared by a large figure in front of you. The figure laughed and doubled over, giving you a glimpse of the iconic fiery red hair that belongs to the one and only Tendou Satori.

"Tendou? What are you doing here?" You asked, confused as to why he followed you to the empty nurses office.

"I came to talk to you, and to get pain medication, but mainly talk to you." He says, leading you back into the empty office behind the two of you.

He took out some bandages from a drawer and told you to sit down. Once you were seated, he grabbed your hand and began to carefully buddy wrap your fingers until you could get better help.

"So why did you need medication?" You asked now that your mind was slightly taken off of the throbbing pain in your fingers.

"Oh my god, are you that dense? We're soulmates!" He teased, pointing to your fingers. "That's why our fingers are so battered up, and that's why I could feel whatever it is you did them a few minutes ago." Tendou explained, slightly laughing at your dumbfounded look.

Your first reaction was slap his arm (hindsight wasn't the best idea, you felt the pain as well).

"Do you know how many times I've had to sit out of practice because your dumbass decided to jam his fingers?" You say, crossing your arms.

"Are you not excited that I'm your soulmate?" He asks, traces of sadness laced in his voice.

"Oh no, I'm so happy. I've had a crush on you for forever, but now that I know my soulmate is a friend of mine, I get to scold you for not being careful enough." You said, grabbing his hand and examining his long fingers.

"You've had a crush on me for forever?" He teases, a smirk plastered on his face.

Heat immediately rose to your cheeks. "That's not the point! You need to be more careful Tendou." You say, dropping his hand and turning away.

"Ok I'll be more careful if you are, you hurt yourself just as much as me." Tendou tells you calmly, picking back up your hand after you dropped it.

"I suppose that's fair." You mumble, trying to hide embarrassment.

"Good. Now can I kiss you or are you going to keep forgetting we're soulmates."