02

"On one condition." Jaehwa whispered, the sound of her voice alone felt like an earthquake, unstable and ruined.

"I don't think you're in a position to be having conditions, Song Jaehwa." Taeyong mused, he felt like he had walked directly onto the set of a dramatic soap opera. Her acting was impeccable.

"It's for her own good." Jaehwa spat out before inhaling deeply. "You can't tell her we let her go for ourselves and," she added, seeing the pink haired male ready to cut her off. "She should never know about that." She emphasised.

With a loud, chilling laugh that lowered the temperature in the room by a hundred degrees, Taeyong comfortably took a seat at the head of the table, his legs resting on the hard wood like he owned the place. He knew what she was talking about. He just wanted to hear it from her, he wanted to see her writhe in discomfort. "About what, Song Jaehwa?"

-

"Ceasefire." Jaehwa's voice rang out over the loud speaker, causing her members to come to a faltering stop. This was certainly an April Fool's joke? They were giving up, losing to NCT?
Y/N could not wrap her head around it. Just when she thought the worst had happened, the following words by her leader caused her stomach to freefall from what felt like a thousand foot drop. "Let Lee Taeyong escort Y/N Y/L/N. They have kindly accepted to train her further."

Jaehwa's voice sounded uncertain, it sounded like she herself was unaware of what she was saying as the words left her mouth. Shock froze Y/N in her place. Something was incredibly offputting about this entire situation, yet she could not disobey direct orders. Faces wove in and out of focus around her, her surroundings were unclear and vague, mirroring her thoughts as she was pushed and shoved. Almost everyone had begun to play statues around her.

Why her? Why would Jaehwa want her to get further training? Even more surprising, NCT accept her for training? Since when did other gangs' help each other get better? Since when did 'Ready To Kill' accept help? A man she recognised as being the one she shot at during their last encounter smiled at her devilishly.

"Good night, Y/N." Doyoung spoke, his voice sickly sweet before he struck her with a needle.
Y/N's head spun a carousel. The ground beneathe her feet had abruptly turned to water, the waves unbalancing her feet as she stumbled, trying to regain her posture. She felt two strong hands on her arms that clung onto her as she attempted to thrash out.
She searched her holster for the gun she had accumulated from Yuta. Empty. They had stripped her of her weapons, her strength.

She had one last, fleeting thought that terrified her to the very core of her being as her world spun around before her.

The only possible way that they would ever let her in was...

If they planned on never letting her leave.

Velvety darkness soaked up her consciousness.