14

Sometimes when Ten was talking, Y/N would zone out. Sometimes. The little voice in her head scoffed. He talked too much about the workings behind something rather than getting just straight into it, it was boring to say the least. Taeyong, who had been wheeled in to supervise seemed to have picked up on her lack of attention by the look of the bemused smirk on his face. Not that she was looking.

"...And that's why apples die. Y/N!" Ten called out suddenly, earning a look of shock from the girl as she sat up straight, looking round at him. "I've been bullshitting about fruit for five whole minutes to see if you were listening."

"Yes, I just happen to enjoy fruit talks." Y/N retorted unconvincingly, gulping down as Taeyong burst into laughter that sounded more like soft giggles. He was so pure outside of the battlefield, almost like a small child. Shaking that thought out of her head she refocused on Ten, who seemed to have given up as he threw his hands in the air and walked away.

"Let's just start with the training. First, I want to see your skills. Kun will be overviewing that so that he can assign you your gun. Then, based on your skills, we'll begin training where its most needed, in NCT, you have to know the basics of every field at least." Taeyong informed her, leaning back to explain, waving his hands around as he spoke.

"Hmm, interesting, I thought I was only here for training?" She rolled her eyes at the male, who chuckled shortly as his eyes met hers.

"Trust me, love, I know you're not that dumb. Welcome to NCT."

-

Y/N confidently swaggered over to the frame through which the target was visible, her pistol held tightly in her hands. Taking less than a few milliseconds to aim, she shot the bullet, directly hitting the innermost ring of the target, each bullet puncturing it more perfectly than the other. This process was followed by a whole variety of guns before she was finally placed before Kun's ever evaluating eyes that seemed to be looking through her soul.

Had she turned even slightly while shooting, she would've seen the looks of wonderment from the other members of being so good with shooting. None of them seemed to notice anything lacking - except for Kun of course.

"So you were pretty good, except I noticed the recoil of a lot of the pistols seemed to disturb and distract you a bit. I would've thought that with your personality, a sniper would suit you more, or even a rifle, but your figure is smaller. Glock 23 and Glock 27 have the most recoil, so the main, primary gun that fits your skills and physical capabilities most is the Glock 17." He dictated her very, very thorough and observant analysis.

His last sentence was met with a series of 'ooh's' from the crowding two men as they turned round to look at their leader, who hurriedly replaced his shock with a complacent and all knowing smirk.

"What? Why's everyone doing that?" Y/N whipped around questioningly, looking to Lucas, who was nudging Ten in excitement.

"Out of all eighteen members and the three trainee members, only one other person was assigned the same gun as you. And every one gun has been assigned to at least two people." Lucas said, practically jumping out of his skin and hopping, while grasping onto Ten's arm.

"Who?" The girl inquired cluelessly, looking around the room as though the answer would be written somewhere. She was growing impatient with the amount of suspense that had been created.

Taeyong's gleaming eyes caught hers, he licked his lips before finally answering.

"Me."