04

Y/N panted heavily as she finally entered a room blanketed in darkness. Her back leant against the cool surface of the ebony door as she attempted to catch up to her beating heart. As she had run, blurred faces had passed, she did not dare stay in the same place long enough to examine the expressions but she could only imagine that a message had been sent to capture her, like she was some wild zoo animal on the loose.

Now, all she had to do was find a way to escape, a window perhaps. But, they would not be dense enough to not have a security system, with the kind of files they were known to have, not having one would be suicide. Her hands travelled and explored the blank wall next to her, searching for some light switch to guide her. She had moved onto the second, connecting wall when she was finally met with one.

Y/N clicked it in hopes of turning some light, any light on. However, she simply heard several yells of confusion and many thuds outside. She walked swiftly to the door and dropped to her stomach. Laying on the ground to look through the crack between the door and the floor, she saw only darkness. Confusion flooded her. Was someone outside? Where was all the light?

With a shiver, she realised she could not waste more time. Time was like sand in her hands right now, it was trickling through her fingers faster than ever and she could do nothing to stop it. Advancing deeper into the room, her instincts (which were very reliable) told her it was rather large, although she could not tell because of the velvety curtain of darkness surrounding her. She felt as if someone had locked her into a sensory deprivation box. As soon as she had proceeded far enough into the room to be unable to reach the door knob, she heard the lock click.

Y/N whipped around in her predatory stance, ready to attack whoever was there. She was helpless, however, as she was unarmed. Her hand-to-hand fighting was only good when she knew she was unseen, not when there were eighteen mafia members searching for her. A torch clicked on suddenly, blinding her temporarily. "Fancy seeing you in my bedroom, Y/N L/N." Taeyong mused. "Nice job shutting down the electricity of the whole house, by the way."