Chapter 3

Izuku Aizawa POV

I gripped Shoto's hand tightly as we walked into the dorms when he stopped me at the doorway.

"Sho-"

"WELCOME BACK IZUKU!" The whole class yelled jumping out from different places around the common area causing me to jump. I took a moment to take in my surroundings and noticed there were all kinds of decorations and snacks everywhere and I teared up. 

"Ah Izuku what's wrong?" Shoto asked worriedly. 

"Nothing this just all really surprised me, thank you guys," I said bowing a little. 

"Aww no problem bro we're just happy you're ok right Katsuki?" Kirishima said.

"Whatever, sit down you damn nerd before you hurt yourself," Kacchan said causing me to giggle a little before Shoto and I went and sat next to Mirio. 

"Hey Izuku, how are you feeling?" Mirio asked.

"I'm doing ok, I'm still a little sore but the doctor said it would be like that for a few more days," I said as Mirio hugged me. 

"I know, I'm really sorry Mirio." 

"I know you are, but you're ok now right?"

"Right." 

The celebrating went on for most of the day but then dad and Jazzy tried everyone to get to their rooms and settle down for the night since he wanted me to rest due to the fact that I had just gotten out of the hospital and Shoto and I hadn't slept the night before. Everyone was going to listen at fist until Mina yelled sleepover, at that point, everyone had their minds set on sleeping over in the common area, dad eventually had to give in and let it happen. This proves that not even dad can change the minds of a class full of heroes in training. Shoto and I fell asleep pretty quickly as we were cuddled up on the couch and watching a movie which I rarely am able to stay awake for anyway.

Shoto Todoroki POV ~Next morning~ 

I woke up in a panic realizing Izuku wasn't next to me, I looked around frantically before sighing in relief after noticing he was just in the kitchen with Mr.Aizawa, Present Mic, and a few class mates. I got up and went over to them and saw that Izuku was cooking too. "Izu are you sure you should be up and moving around like that?" I asked.

"Don't worry Sho I'm fine, I just really wanted to cook breakfast before everyone went to school." He answered and I just nodded sitting down next to Kirishima and watching Izuku cook. I wasn't sure what exactly he was cooking but it smelled good so I assume it's gonna taste good too. I looked around again and noticed everything had all been cleaned up Izuku better not have been the one who cleaned it up, he's still supposed to be resting.

"Izuku did you clean the party up by yourself?" I asked.

"No of course not." He answered.

"Really?" 

"Nope, Kacchan helped.' He said with a little giggle, very mischievous Izuku.

"You encouraged him," I said glaring at Bakugo.

"Don't accuse me of anything Icy-Hot! He was gonna do it with or without help I just made it easier!" Bakugo yelled back.

"Don't worry Sho," Izuku paused walking over and kissing my cheek causing me to blush before continuing. "I feel perfectly fine and I promise I'll rest for the rest of the day, plus dad already got onto me for it."

"Fine but be more careful," I said.

"I will, I will, now breakfast is done can you guys go wake the others they should probably get ready for school too," Izuku said and we all went around waking the rest of the class while Izuku put the plates together. Most of the class was surprised (But definitely not complaining) that Izuku made breakfast while others looked like they expected this from him. 

After breakfast everyone had to leave for school except Izuku and me, Mr. Aizawa gave us all the homework that we had missed this past week, I haven't been in class obviously so I didn't understand most of this but luckily my Izuku here is smarter than about half the staff school wise and kindly offered to tutor me. 

We spent almost the entire day working on school work, Izuku finished awhile ago but I still had stuff to work on tomorrow plus whatever we got assigned from today. Izuku has been restless all day so I convinced Mr. Aizawa and Present Mic to let us go on a walk. That's what we were doing now, about halfway through our walk we ran into the rest of 1-A coming back from the school, Bakugo and Kirishima decided they would join our walk probably out of worry that if Izuku wanted to do something crazy that I wouldn't be able to stop him.

 I wouldn't blame them if that was the reason, after all, I couldn't stop him from jumping. I should've been able to save him before he got that far, maybe I should've tried harder to coax him out of that room or I should've pushed myself harder to get to him before he even got to the bridge. I need to get stronger for him if something happens to him again who knows how many more times we can get lucky. I need to stop the villains before they can take us, not sit there and watched while Izuku gets beaten half to death protecting me. I need to stop him before he gets to the bridge, not have to jump in after him. 

"Shoto?" I looked and saw Izuku standing in front of me. "Are you ok?" He asked.

"Oh yeah I'm fine, let's go," I will get stronger for him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 943

More Todoroki character development anyone?