Chapter 5

Izuku Aizawa POV

After spending all day training it was time to cook dinner, I was teaching Shoto how to make curry and he did most of the steps himself while I just told him how to do it. Most of the class was struggling so I would run around and help them too or just answer their questions when they came up to me. It was actually more exhausting than just cooking myself but I wanted everyone to learn. 

After we all ate we went to the entrance of the forest where we would be doing a scare exercise. I personally wasn't looking forward to it but we didn't really have a choice but to participate. Kacchan and Shoto got chosen to go together at random and I was somehow left with no partner which probably wasn't the best outcome but I was hoping I could convince dad to go with me. I was just standing next to dad and the other heroes there and waiting when a couple of villains came out of nowhere and attacked. 

I instinctively froze for a moment but knew I had to do something, I remembered Kota, the kid that was brought along to the training camp, Shoto and I are the only ones who knows where he is and Shoto is in the woods with Kacchan. I ran off to go find him, I hate the fact that I'm alone but I have to get over it now, I need to get used to not having someone there all the time. 

When I got there Kota was being attacked by a villain I didn't recognize. I quickly activated my fire quirk and attacked but I knew it would take more than just my fire. I used my telekinesis to throw multiple rocks at him. I fought for a while and got pretty beat up while I was at it. The fight was going nowhere and neither of us were gonna give up any time soon so I decided the only way to win was to use ink, it would blind him (and also me) and if I boiled the ink before shooting the ink it should finish him off. I shot the ink and the villain yelled in pain before I think he fell off the cliff as it got super silent. 

"Kota, did he fall?" I asked.

"Y-yeah." 

"Are you hurt?"

"No." 

"Ok good, climb onto my back, we need to get you back to the camp, you'll have to tell me where to go, I can't see right now." I waited a moment before feeling Kota climb up my back and then I took off running being careful not to hit anything. 

"Izuku!" It's Shoto. "Hey Izu, what happened?!" He yelled, I probably look pretty bad.

"I had to fight a real strong villain and used ink, I can't see right now," I explained quickly.

"Yeah you're also pretty injured, Bakugo take Kota I'll pick Izuku up, we need to get them back to camp," Shoto ordered. 

"Don't tell me what to do half n half." He said but I felt Kota get taken off my back so I assume he listened anyway.  Shoto lifted me up onto his back without warning causing me to squeal a little and Kacchan and Shoto took off running. 

Once we got back to camp we ran into dad who of course was instantly worried. I explained that I was fine but dad nor Shoto believed me. 

Shoto Todoroki POV

I can't believe I let him get hurt again, he insists that he's fine but I can tell he's in pain and I know I should've stayed with him even though it was just a training exercise originally. "I'm sorry Izuku," I said.

"Wait why Sho? You haven't done anything wrong." He replied.

"You got hurt again. I failed to protect you again. I never should've left."

"No no no Sho, this isn't your fault ok. I charged into battle myself to save Kota, I put myself in that situation not you, please don't blame yourself." Izuku said grabbing my face and kissing me causing me to blush and I kissed him back. "Don't blame yourself for this ok?" He said again. 

"Alright, but I'm not leaving you again, now let's treat your wounds," I said getting out the first aid kit and treating his wounds. We weren't sure what was going on outside and that had us both on edge but we were more comfortable now that we were with each other. Bakugo had run off to find Kirishima leaving Kota with Mr. Aizawa. So it was just Izuku and me, I could tell Izuku wanted to go help the other but we both knew he was in no condition to fight (not like that ever stopped him before). 

It had been about an hour since we got back and we had been joined by the others who had since made it back to camp. The villain fight had since ended and the teachers were discussing how this happened and planning to get us back to campus tonight so we didn't risk getting caught in an attack again. "Izuku how's your vision?" I asked.

"It's starting to come back but I still can't see much." He said and I nodded although he probably couldn't tell. Well so much for catching up with everyone at training camp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 904