Entry 8

There's a boy. His name Jeon Jungkook. And he knows my name. He's tall. He's handsome. He has a nice smile. He doesn't have dimples. His eyes are like dark honey. His eyes don't hold stars.
He walked me home. He stayed at my house. My parents were really glad to see him. They talked a lot in the dining room. They shut the door so I couldn't hear though.
I didn't meet a Kim Namjoon though. Is he real? I want to meet him. He seems fascinating. I've never seen anyone with millions of stars in their eyes. It must be beautiful.

[Her]
"Where are you going?"

I stop, my hand on the front door handle and turn to see a boy standing behind me.

He's tall. He's handsome. His eyes are like honey.

It takes me a moment to remember who he is.

His name is Jeon Jungkook.

My notebook says I've met Jeon Jungkook before. He's staying at my house. He's been talking with my parents a lot today. But no one lets me listen. They've shut me out.

"I'm going to the park," I tell him slowly.

"Is it because of this... Kim Namjoon you mentioned yesterday?"

Yesterday? It takes me a moment. His yesterday. Not my yesterday.

"Yes. It's because of Kim Namjoon."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Jungkook offers.

I glance at my notebook. The paper's crinkled, like it had been dropped in water once.

The taste of rain flickers in the back of my mind. I don't know why.

"I think I should go alone."

"Who is this Kim Namjoon anyways?" Jungkook scratches the back of his head. "I thought you couldn't remember anything or anyone after the accident?"

I flinch.

He's right. I can't remember. I'm stuck. I can't move on. I will never move on will I? 

They tell me it's a new day. They tell me it's been two months.

"I can't remember, you're right," I say quietly. "And I don't know who Kim Namjoon is. But I want to know him."

I want to know this boy. This boy I've written so much about. The boy with a beautiful smile. The boy with dimples. The boy whose hands are soft. The boy I wrote into my notebook who was beginning to feel like home.