Entry 14

I asked him and he said yes. I don't want to forget him. Kim Namjoon. I don't want to forget. I know I will. But I don't want to. Not as soon as I usually do at least. So I asked him to stay with him. Just once... I want to see the sun rise on a new day... and still have my memories intact. Just once, I want to experience what I've never experienced since the car accident: a tomorrow.

[Her]
The night air is chilly against my face. But the layers of heavy, soft blankets cover me and keep me nice and toasty. My notebook sits on my lap.

The sky above is beautiful. Millions of stars cover the inky canvas. Just like they do in his eyes.

"Here."

Namjoon appears, gingerly climbing onto the roof while carefully holding two steaming cups of hot chocolate. He offers me a cup and I eagerly take it in my hands.

We're sitting on the top of his house. A small camp on his roof. His parents aren't home he said, so there's no one to yell at us to get off the roof.

"May I join you in those blankets?" He grins at me and the heap of covers wrapped all around me. "It looks cozy in there."

I shift and peel back some of the blankets in response.

The crisp night air eagerly nips at my now exposed thin clothes. But Namjoon doesn't waste any time. In seconds he's settling right next to me and wraps the blankets around us again, shutting out the chilly evening.

I hope the darkness covers my blush as his body presses against mine. I can feel his lean muscles against my body; the way his ribs pushes against mine every time he inhales and exhales.

For a while we stare up silently, sipping out hot chocolates. We gaze up at the swirling galaxies above us. So vast. So expansive. So mysterious.

Suddenly the world seems so big, and I feel so small. Unable to help myself, I cuddle up against him, needing to feel anchored to this world before the massive galaxies above me suck me up.

His arm immediately wraps around my shoulder, pressing me even closer to him until it feels like we're sharing one body, one breath, together.

"You okay?" He strokes my hair, my cheek, comforting, soothing.

"Don't let me fall asleep."

"And how shall I prevent that?" He peers down at me, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I nudge him. "Talk to me."

"Oh?" He tilts his head. "And what shall I talk about?"

I ponder for a few moments. "Everything," I finally say. "Everything. Tell me about everything you know. Tell me everything about you. I want to write everything in my notebook."

He does just that.

He takes out a small flashlight so I can see what I'm writing; his one hand shining a light on me while the other holds me against him in safety. And he talks.

He talks about the stars, the constellations, the galaxies. He talks about the trees, the flowers, life. He talks about cities, lights, and far away places. And then he starts to talk about himself.

He talks about his favorite hobbies, his favorite movies, his favorite music. He talks about his family and friends. Everything. I write down everything, soaking in his voice and starlight.

When he finally falls quiet the eastern sky is tinted pink with gold ribbons. My wrist aches a little. But I've written everything.

I look up at him. The early light of tomorrow shines on his face.

"What?" He grins as my gaze never wavers from him.

"You're really handsome. You know that? You're handsome. You're smart. You're kind." I pause. His cheeks look like they've turned pink. But maybe that's just the sun steadily coming closer to the surface of the earth. "I think I like you, Kim Namjoon."

Just as the sun breaks free and shines its first rays of my tomorrow upon me, he leans forward and connects our lips. Even with my eyes closed I'm basking in golden light and I cling to him as he kisses me, deep and sincere.

He smells like soap, with a hint of sandalwood. He smells like the outdoors, in the middle of a lush forest where it just recently rained.

When he finally pulls back I rest my head against his shoulder. I've never been more content than just sitting next to this boy and together watching the sunrise.

Tomorrow. I finally made it to tomorrow.

I can still remember him. Yet exhaustion is beginning to swirl inside me.

Our time is numbered. I can hear countdown beginning to tick away before my mind betrays me again.

"I don't want to forget you," I whisper. "Please... I want to remember you for a little bit longer."

"Write me in your heart," he murmurs. "And you'll never forget me. Even if your mind does, your heart won't."

"You are written in my heart, Kim Namjoon," I murmur. Sleepy. I feel so sleepy. "You are written in my heart."