Entry 12

Jeon Jungkook. Don't trust Jeon Jungkook. He'll try and take my notebook.
Kim Namjoon. I wish he was here. He sounds nice. I don't think he would try and take my notebook. But he's not here.
I'm alone. I'm trapped. I can't escape. I will never be able to escape.

[Namjoon]
An insistent buzzing beside his head jolts Namjoon awake.

Groaning he sits up, pushing his covers back and rubbing his eyes. The clock beside his bed reads 8:30 AM.

He huffs. It's too early to be awake on a Saturday morning in his opinion. Yawning, he checks the caller ID. His jaw snaps shut in surprise.

Quickly clearing his throat he hits the green pick up button on the screen and presses the device to his ear. "Hello?"

"Kim Namjoon!" Jungkook's voice floods over the receiver. "Look, I need your help..."

The boy on the other end quickly explains his predicament. By the end of his explanation Namjoon's mouth is back open, only this time in incredulity.

"Let me get this straight." His voice is lethal calm. "You tried to take away her notebook? In front of her eyes?"

"Should I have done it when she was asleep then?" Jungkook's voice is pained.

"You absolute idiot," Namjoon explodes. "Those are her memories! That's the only way she can keep track of what's happening ever since her accident. Are you out of your goddamn mind?"

"Alright! Alright!" Jungkook yelps over the line, startled by Namjoon's furious roar. "It was a bad call, I get it. But please, Namjoon.  Her parents can't even coax her out of her room right now. And of course she's not letting me get anywhere close to her."

Namjoon is already getting up and grabbing some jeans. "Say no more. I'm already on my way."

[Her]
"Leave me alone." I shove myself farther into the corner.

"Honey, please." That's my mom. She's crouched in front of me, hands out and open as if to show me she's harmless. "Just talk to Jungkook okay? He didn't mean any harm, you know that."

"Come on, pumpkin." That's my dad. He stands behind Mom. Lines of worry etches his face. "We all love you and don't want you to get hurt. That's all."

"He's going to steal my notebook," I gasp. It's written on paper. It's written in my notebook. I can't trust Jeon Jungkook. That's what's written.

My parents finally walk away. They give up.

I curl up tightly into the corner. I like this corner. It's safe. It's dark.

Someone says my name.

It's a boy's voice. But it's not Jungkook's. It's not my dad's.

I peek up. A boy is kneeling in front of me now. I've never seen him before.

He is really handsome. His eyes shine like a million stars.

"You..." My voice is faint. "Are you...?"

"I'm Kim Namjoon," the boy murmurs.

He's real. He's real and he's here.

"I wrote you in my notebook," I tell him.

"Yes. You did."

Why does he look so sad?

"He's going to take my notebook."

The boy, Namjoon, reaches forward. I don't shy away from him. He wraps his arms around my shoulders. He's gentle. He's everything that I wrote in my notebook and more. He's real.

"No one is going to take your notebook," he whispers. And then he presses his lips on top of my head, kissing me softly. "You're safe."

He smells like soap, with a hint of sandalwood. He smells like the outdoors, in the middle of a lush forest where it just recently rained.

I'm safe.