Chapter 7 - Let Combat Rain

Throwing the whole battle plan I'd prepared to the back of my mind, I raise my sword and a blast of purple hits the sky- the charge signal.

I fly to the top of the tower, where the gray-haired girl was last seen, at full speed. Lady Jane had lent me some of her power earlier for me to use at my own free will. She only does that when we're about to fight, saying she didn't want me to use them for my "own benefits," whatever that meant.

I smash the window with my elbow and hop in, looking around for the girl. She was nowhere in sight, but I hear sets of footsteps rounding up the stairs.

She must've called for reinforcements.

The first guard appeared around the corner the same time I heard the panic screams of the brainwashed maids downstairs, announcing my rescue team has appeared. I don't know why the maids always scream, don't they know we're saving them?

The guard is holding a long spear that, in height, is almost taller than him. He looks to be around my and Philip's age, and I felt pity for this young man who spent his young life under my sisters' control.

Don't worry, I'll save you, I thought as I grabbed the spear and pulled it out of the boy's grasps. He stops and looks shocked, a look of pure fear in his eyes as I raise my palm and blast him with a ball of purple magic. I watch as he changes in front of my eyes, from a lean boy to a growling beast bursting out of his former guard uniform. The newly freed guard turns around and grabs the two guards who were following him and he throws them against the wall.

I leave the beast to deal with his former friends and I float down the stairwell with only one goal in mind: to find my sisters.

A maid running in the corridor at the bottom of the staircase screams as she sees me. I startle a bit, surprised to see her. I watch as she grabs a painting from the wall and throws it at me. I'm used to this hostility by now; Lady Jane said I should get used to their fear since they don't know I'm coming to save them.

I easily dodge the painting, letting it smash into the wall behind me. The maid lets out a scream of horror as I raise my palm, ready to blast the power ball at her.

"Maple! No!"

A vase comes flying at me from the side. I just barely have time to shield my face with my arms as it smashes into me. I feel the shards slicing past the fabric of my shirt and into my arms. A stray shard slices my forehead, leaving a trail of searing pain behind. The sudden attack throws me off-balance, and I would've fallen if not for the wall behind me.

Oh, they've overstepped their line.

I turn with a potent glare at the person who threw the vase at me.

Gold. I feel a scowl forming on my face at the sight of Gold standing there, her dress ripped, her arms by her side, hands clenched in fists. I see the table behind her where she'd gotten the vase from. A pile of roses lay at her feet, still wet.

"Gold. How... pleasant." I snarled, wiping a finger across my forehead. It comes back bloody.

"Draco. Always nice to have you... visit." Gold said back, her expression cold. Over the months, my sister has become better at hiding her facial expressions from me, so much so that I almost can't tell what she is feeling.

Almost.

I take a step towards her, not bothering to focus my energy on levitating anymore. I can see her fists trembling at her sides, and I smirk. "Have you missed me, dear sister?"

"What have you done with Rosemary?" Gold said, and her voice, unlike her fists, is steady.

I smile the smile that I've seen Lady Jane do so many times. "Why don't you come and find out, Gold? You can come with me."

Gold smiles back, her smile just as unforgiving. "Maybe I will, Draco. Just not with you."

"Gold! I finally found you- Draco?"

I turn my gaze as a pink-haired girl turns the corner, stopping in her tracks as she sees me, bloody and with my shirt ripped.

"Rainbow, I've got it here. You go help the others." Gold said, her gaze never leaving my face.

"Aww, how nice. We've got a little siblings reunion happening here! Where's Lunar? Too bad Funneh's...dead." I said, a smirk coming on once more. I watched Rainbow's face closely, hoping to see the heartbroken reaction I was hoping for, but it didn't come.

Huh, that's weird.

"Lunar's not here-" Rainbow started, a look of confusion on her face, but stopped quickly. "Nevermind."

Lunar's not here? That's even weirder.

"Well, I guess I can only capture two sisters today then. It's fine, I'll come back again for the last one." I said, advancing on Gold.

Not wanting to waste my magic on them, I decide to use brute force. I grab Gold's arms and attempt to twist them behind her back, but she struggles against it. Her leg comes up and kicks me right in the gut, and I let out an oomph of surprise.

When did she learn how to fight like that?

"I've been taking lessons with Kyran." Gold said, like she read my mind. (I wanna write a bonus chapter on that in our extras book eeee-)

Kyran.

The name sounds familiar, but I couldn't quite remember it. It did bring on a wave of pain to my head though, so I quickly stopped thinking about that name.

I feel anger bubbling up inside me, the rage shooting through my veins and into my palms. I lift them at Gold, and a blast of dark violet comes shooting out.

I watch as Gold's eyes grow larger as she stands there, frozen with fear.

Goodbye, sister.