Chapter 10 - Razbliuto

A/N From Tropical:

Now on with your scheduled program

。。。。。

The door to the dungeons creeks open, and I walk into the room, a loaf of bread in one hand and a cup of milk in the other.

I could see Rainbow sleeping, her hands still in her shackles. I kneel down beside her, and gently shake her awake.

"Huh?"

Rainbow stirs, and I place the bread and milk beside her. Reaching up to unclip one hand shackle, I am unaware of Rainbow looking at me.

"Draco...?"

"Don't let it get to your head."

I unclip one of her hands, and stand up to leave the dungeon when she calls me back.

"Draco... please don't leave. It's really lonely down here."

I don't know what stops me, but I turn around and sit beside her. She clumsily feeds herself bread with her left hand, and I feel slightly guilty.

"There was a time... you were about 10... and you came into my room. You told me that Funneh was cheating in playing hide & seek... and you wouldn't stop crying. So we went out in the woods together and found hiding spots that Funneh would never find you in." Rainbow looked down at the glass of milk in her hands and chuckled. "You were so happy."

[Oh hello there
I do hope I'm not interrupting your writing ;)

Cady get the god damn out of my chapter!]

"I was?"

Why would someone like me cry about not finding a hiding spot? Why don't I remember that?

"How do I know your not lying?"

"You don't. You just... kind of have to trust me I guess."

Trust. It's something so strong, yet so fragile. Something that can hold so much, but shatter so quickly and easily.

"Sorry... I can't. I only trust Lady Jane."

"That's alright."

My head snaps up at that. What? If I said something like that to Lady Jane, she would snap at me and start yelling.

"Are... are you sure?"

"Yeah. Trust is a hard thing. It needs to be built... Vent Man."

She sips her milk, and my mind drops into deep thought.

Why didn't Rainbow hate me? Why wasn't she yelling at me like Lady Jane? One part of my mind was telling me that it was because Rainbow was too soft, but the other told me that... I was just never treated right.