Chapitre 1 What in the-

/some swearing/

Tat

I wake up slowly and start getting up. Im dizzy and fall to my knees instead. My head hurts and my body feels like spaghety.

What happened? Did I pass out? Why.

I sit up and lean on what feels like a tree, I look around.

Im in a forest, its pretty dense but i'm in a small clearance. The trees are hight, i hear the wind moving them slowly, other than that it's quiet.

As my head clears up, i see something odd about this forest.

The bark is purple, like dark enough not to look fake, but purple enough for me to notice. I look up and see that the sky is also shades of purples. I look more and see that about everything is either a shade of purple or a weird blue.

Am I dreaming again?

I stare up in the sky, waiting for things to happen like they usually do. But there is nothing. Only the sound of the wind in the trees.

I pinch my arm and count my fingers, not a dream. But then.

Where am I?

I tense up when I hear a groan behind me.

I turn around to see Zane, my former foster agent, on the ground slowly getting up.

As I see him, I remember.

My dream.

The lady.

What he told me.

My anger.

I forget all about were we are as I get up and yell at him.

''SERIOUSLY? MY FU*!%$N MOTHER?!''

I seem to have startle him, he grabs something and points it at me. It's a gun. But as soon as he recognize me he puts it back down.

He looks around and tries to say something, but i'm not done.

''YOU TOLD ALL OF US SHE WAS DEAD.'' I quiet down. ''You could have said she was missing or that it was undetermined, but you said, year after year, that she was dead.''

I take a deep breath, looking him dead in the eyes.

''And now you casually tell me, that that woman back there, was her?''

In the back of my mind I see images of my dream, of the person he said was my mother, stab me thought the heart.

My throat start to sting.

Zane looks regretful. But takes his stance.

'' I believed just as hard as you she was gone, I said it may be her, but you freaked out before i could explain myself.''

I did freak out. Im freaking out right now I think.

''Then why did you not tell us sooner you had a clue to our past? It's not like you did not live next door!''

I clutch my fist, my voice is cracking. Zane looks at the grass, not shameful, but thinking.

''And why does a social worker have a gun?''

He looks at me, his eyes are cold. He takes from his back his gun and a badge.

''I am a federal agent, BaC division. Years ago I was assigned to look after you and your sisters, social worker was only a cover.''

What?

I'm speechless as he continues.

''The agencie had evidence to belive you where mutants, I kept watch trouought the years in case you developed any abilities. But you never did, until today.''