Chapter 3 - Tourist Trip

⤪⤭

"Plot twist, everything's happening so quick

I only wanted a taste of your lips

Lips became your body, nights turning to naughty."

Plot Twist

Marc E. Bassy

⤪⤭

Chapter 3 - Tourist Trip

⤪⤭

"You better not have been at that ruckus that is now blowing up my radio." My aunt mumbles while lacing up her shoes before I could even get my key out of the door.

"You encouraged me to go make friends, a beach party seemed like a great idea." I defended, knowing the situation was not ideal for my first outing.

"Samantha." She says with a disapproving sigh.

"No one got hurt... to the point of hospitalization. And I stayed out of trouble." I tried to ease her.

"You kids live to make my life harder. Yesterday a dead body, today gunshots from a kid." She groans, "Any chance you can tell me to make it a little easier?"

I slouch my shoulders, and she already knows the answer, "Aunt, don't ask me to be a snitch."

"Just remember..."

"Yes, I know. Stay out of trouble, stay on the island." I rolled my eyes with a teasing smile. She sighed, never asking to be responsible for a 16-year-old and yet taking one under her wing when help was truly needed. I will forever be grateful for what she has done for me. "Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll see you in the morning. Get some sleep."

⤪⤭

"Y'all ready for a water party?" One of my aunt's deputy's shouted on a megaphone.

That made me regret the offer I received to see more of the island from the view of a boat. Avoiding it now would be rude and I don't need to raise any suspicions at the moment.

"All kiddin' aside, your job today is to keep privates out of my marsh so we can do our job and find this wreck." He announced to the locals. "Don't forget sunscreen ladies, lots of liquids."

Someone made a joke about drinking something other than water and he chuckled, "What I don't see I don't worry about! Now let's go!"

"Deputy." My aunt called out, bringing his attention to me. "This is niece, Sam, I figured an extra set of eyes might be nice."

"Well, why not? She can ride-along." He agreed.

"Great." She smiled at her coworker. I smiled too, trying to make the best out of this. My aunt said her goodbyes, and I hopped in the boat.

As I examined the boat two large men dressed in black long sleeve button-downs and jeans came up to the deputy shaking his hands. This heat was not the best for dark clothing like that, it seemed like I wasn't the only one out of place here.

"What can I do for you fellas?" He asked, looking between the two.

"We're associates of the owner just trying to help in any way we can." The first bearded man said.

"Devastated about Scooter. It makes me sick to think about it." The second followed up, "Mind if we join your armada? Take a look for ourselves?"

He hesitates for a moment, probably registering the same sketchiness about them that I was, "More help the better."